Problem with Bluray disk

Everything related to MakeMKV
maximuswx

Problem with Bluray disk

Post by maximuswx »

Currently, I have a Bluray that works fine on my player as well as when it plays on my computer. The problem though is when I try to make an MKV with it. It runs fine up until the very end where the output size just stops. The Read Rate says it's still running, however it's slow, and the timer just continues to add time.

Any thoughts?
setarip_old

Re: Problem with Bluray disk

Post by setarip_old »

@maximuswx

Hi!

1) Although the "clock" continues to run, did a "Copy completed" message box appear? If so, everything is fine, just close the message box(es) and close makeMKV.

2) If the "Copy completed" message box doesn't appear immediately, give it as much as 5 extra minutes to appear.

3) If it still doesn't appear, exit the program and examine the disc for physical damage or dirt - particularly near the inner and outer edges - And try again

maximuswx

Post by maximuswx »

The "copy completed" doesn't show up. I left it alone "frozen" for almost 30 minutes with no progress. Then I cleaned the disk and tried again...same think happens.

I saw that other people are having issues with newer dvds and v1.6.0 so I'm wondering if that's the reason. I've had no issues up until now, and I just downloaded the new version.

**Just tried it again as well and finally got an error message
Saving 1 titles into directory
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00905.m2ts' at offset '853997568'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00905.m2ts' at offset '853997568'
Failed to save title 1 to file
0 titles saved, 1 failed

Help?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

What is the title and region of your original, commercial Blu-ray disc?

maximuswx

Post by maximuswx »

It's "Date Night"
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

It looks like a bad disc. Please try to make disc backup first and see if any errors show up.