License question on Multiple Docker containers

Everything related to MakeMKV
PlayLoud

License question on Multiple Docker containers

Post by PlayLoud »

Hello,

Purchased a license a while back.

I've been using MakeMKV on my Linux Mint box: Two optical drives (single drive mode).

I have recently switched my Linux Mint box to unRAID, and am using dockers. I have just realized that in order to rip with both drives at the same time, I have to create two separate docker images. I am wondering if my single license still covers this, as they are still on one machine? Or is the fact they are two separate docker images make them seem like separate computers, which would require another license?
st4evr

Re: License question on Multiple Docker containers

Post by st4evr »

Plenty of answers on this topic already, which a quick forum search would return:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... rs+license
PlayLoud

Post by PlayLoud »

st4evr wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:41 am
Plenty of answers on this topic already, which a quick forum search would return:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... rs+license
I have searched, but those questions all seem to be related to using MakeMKV on multiple computers. This situation is different, in that it is a single computer, with multiple Dockers.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Think of it as 'multiple instances' (dockers are 'virtual' computers). The answer is the same... go for it, but don't abuse it.

Musing: In the age of NAT routers, does MakeMKV even distinguish between hosts on a single LAN?
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

As d00zah advised, it’s the very definition of VMs. When it comes to licenses in general, no different.