I didn't see anything in the search results buy my eyesight is not the best. Does makemkv run on Windows 7 currently? I don't have a machine to test this on and I'm assuming the answer is yes but better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you makemkv community!
Windows 7?
-
jonghotti
- Posts: 997
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Windows 7?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
-
st4evr
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 pm
Re: Windows 7?
As Mike states in the download page:
“Requires Windows XP or later, x86 or x64”
https://www.makemkv.com/download/
Windows 7 came after XP.
“Requires Windows XP or later, x86 or x64”
https://www.makemkv.com/download/
Windows 7 came after XP.
-
jonghotti
- Posts: 997
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Windows 7?
Thanks Steve, you're a peach!!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
-
d00zah
- Posts: 1717
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm
Re: Windows 7?
Feel the love... 
-
jonghotti
- Posts: 997
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Windows 7?
Seriously, I've met some of the nicest people ever on this board. Makemkv 4 life!!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
-
BlueMac77
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm
Re: Windows 7?
Was able to Run MakeMKV on Windows 7 Home Edition and works perfectly. It's a good app. Thanksjonghotti wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:39 pm I didn't see anything in the search results buy my eyesight is not the best. Does makemkv run on Windows 7 currently? I don't have a machine to test this on and I'm assuming the answer is yes but better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you makemkv community!

-
jonghotti
- Posts: 997
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Windows 7?
Thank you BlueMac77!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10977
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Windows 7?
And I run it on Win7, because there is no usable (to me) version of Windows after that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
d00zah
- Posts: 1717
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm
Re: Windows 7?
I wholeheartedly concur.Woodstock wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm And I run it on Win7, because there is no usable (to me) version of Windows after that.