Blu-ray subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
Giampo2009

Blu-ray subtitles

Post by Giampo2009 »

I'mn't able to convert Blu-ray movies subtitles to mkv files by Makemkv. I can see mkv files but not their subtitles. Have i to convert BD subtitles to another format (sub or srt for example). I installed Matroska codec and i'm able to make mkv files with subtitles from dvd but not from blu-ray. Can i make them by Makemkv? I try to select them before conversion to mkv but that's no succesful.
thisisalexandre

Re: Blu-ray subtitles

Post by thisisalexandre »

Hello,

It's because BD subtitles are in PGS (.sup) format ; as far as I know, today, there is no player who are able to display those.

You have to extract before anything else the subtitles from your Blu-ray disc (with eac3to for example), to convert it in .srt (with SupRip by doing OCR on it).

Then, convert you Blu-ray with MakeMkv without the subtitles track.

Finally, open your converted .mkv file with mkvmerge GUI (from the mkvtoolnix suite) plus your .srt and remux all in a new .mvk.

Good luck,

Alexandre
Giampo2009

Post by Giampo2009 »

I tried but it's impossible to syncronize audio with subtitles. I extracted subtitle from blu-ray but there is this problem by Mkvmerge. I demuxed audio and video tracks by Tsremux and demuxing them with subtitle by Mkmerge.
thisisalexandre

Post by thisisalexandre »

I'm not sure to understand.

If you demux and then remux on the exact same perimeter of files, with the appropriate subtitles OCR in between, there is not reason at all to have you audio not sync.
Giampo2009

Post by Giampo2009 »

How to demux and remux subtitles?
mkkyle650

Post by mkkyle650 »

I found the news as follow hopefully it will help u to solve the subtitles problems
http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/moyea- ... -subtitles
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@mkkyle650

Hi!

The advertisement for a commercial product that you've provided a link to has nothing to do with .MKVs, nor does it say anything other than essentially, it will allow BluRay subtitles to be included in BluRay rips...