Problems with Kick-Ass

Everything related to MakeMKV
Mrrrt

Problems with Kick-Ass

#1 Post by Mrrrt » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Has anyone ripped Kick-Ass on Blu-Ray successfully? Really appreciate any help.

setarip_old

Re: Problems with Kick-Ass

#2 Post by setarip_old » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Hi!

Yes, I've successfully done BOTH a full disc backup and a "movie-only" backup of the U.S. version of "Kick-Ass" with no problems noted...

What problem(s) have you encountered?

Mrrrt

#3 Post by Mrrrt » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:39 pm

Once the disc is inserted it takes forever to open the disc (10 min) and then once I check the video and audio track it begins to create the mkv, but then reports an error about 30 minutes in and terminates. I've tried a few times and still no luck. I was thinking maybe I need an updated svq file, but that didn't seem to work unless I had an old one. Thanks for the help.

setarip_old

#4 Post by setarip_old » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 am

Sounds like you have a disc that's either damaged or dirty - or a failing drive.

Post your log from the failed effort...

Mrrrt

#5 Post by Mrrrt » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:43 am

The drive is ok because I am currently ripping another blu-ray right now. The movie plays just fine on my blu-ray player as well. Unfortunatley, I can't even copy the log because the program prompts me that there is a fatal error and then just force quits. I had a similar problem with Avatar, but when I added the svq file it worked fine. I'm just ripping some of my other blu-rays in the mean time, hoping that I can find an answer. I'm surprised that I am the only one having issues with this movie. Thanks again for trying.

setarip_old

#6 Post by setarip_old » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:40 am

The movie plays just fine on my blu-ray player as well.
This proves nothing about your disc playing on your drive. Just take a minute to carefully clean the disc and try it again with your drive...

(This Lionsgate release does not contain BD+ and, therefore, there is no svq requirement)

Shamdog

#7 Post by Shamdog » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 pm

I'm in the process of ripping my entire collection, I had come to a full stop when I attempted to rip Kick-Ass. I have the Blu-ray and the DVD and neither would complete. the DVD will not pass the initial read and the Blu-ray gets all the way to the end and stops just before it completes with an error. I skipped it for now and continued with no problems after that so I'm convinced it's not the disc or drive and I have the most current makemkv as of this date.
After reading this I'll do a cleaning but it looks perfect so we'll see.

Shamdog

#8 Post by Shamdog » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:23 am

I cleaned the discs, the DVD doesn't get past the encryption before it fails, the Blue ray writes almost all the way through then stalls at the 2 minute mark and dies off. error says " The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device"