hidden data in LOSERS bluray

Everything related to MakeMKV
shizzah

hidden data in LOSERS bluray

#1 Post by shizzah » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:15 am

First let me say thanks for this product...big time saver for me over the alternatives which is why I purchased it..(from the forums it seems I may be one of the few who have purchased it) I came across an interesting issue today. Made a mkv from main video file and dts track. compresses it down to 3.7gb with MeGui. Converted the mkv to .m2ts file and put on thumbdrive. Put this into the PS3 and it plays....but,.....about 30 minutes into the movie a popup occurs during the that says something to the effect "do not adjust volume, it has been temp muted as there is copy protection within this movie. This video is not authorized to be played on this device" after which the audio mutes intermitently. a website is also displayed which I didnt write down. Has anyone else seen this before

skittle

Re: hidden data in LOSERS bluray

#2 Post by skittle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:53 am

known issue: Its a new form of copy protection, and presently no known way of defeating it other than playing back on a device that doesnt support the copy protection. The PS3 is one of the only ones that does support it, so unlucky for you.

More information here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=155777

shizzah

#3 Post by shizzah » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:18 pm

thanks skittle,
I have a wd box which i use to play mkv, but this m2ts was just an experiment for me so looks like I wont be using my ps3 to play my digital files

SamuriHL

#4 Post by SamuriHL » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Cinavia is currently only confirmed on one retail blu-ray disc at this point in time. I think it's safe to say that going forward we'll see more and more of it on new discs, but, for any backups you've made up to this point, excluding The Losers, they will all work fine on your PS3 and will continue to do so.