Arrival UHD UK

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
VeryWittyName

Arrival UHD UK

Post by VeryWittyName »

I bought Arrival 4K a few weeks ago when it came out in the UK and I've emailed the dump file a couple of times to get the key added but it still seems to be missing from the registry. Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed from here?
st4evr

Re: Arrival UHD UK

Post by st4evr »

What version of the app are you on?

What is the exact error/warning being returned by MakeMKV as shown in the log/app?

This information could help forums members in advising you with next steps.
VeryWittyName

Post by VeryWittyName »

Apologies. MakeMKV is version 1.14.2, Windows x64. Trying to open the disc or the saved backup results in "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted - Failed to open disc". The 4K version of The Lion King works and that came out after I sent the dump file in (C:\Users\[me]/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_Arrival_04D5.tgz). Just wondering if I'm doing something completely wrong!
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Sounds like you are receiving new keys. So....

First, make sure you are sending your dumps to:

svq@makemkv.com

If you got that covered, try reaching Mike at:

support@makemkv.com

Include your error/log, reason/explanation for the email and what’s going on (as detailed as possible), and attach your dump again. Maybe it was missed or skipped for some reason. He may reach back out to you with an explanation/answer/solution.
VeryWittyName

Post by VeryWittyName »

Thanks, I've sent another email but to both email addresses this time. Hopefully it gets picked up soon.