[Problem] - DVD Won't Rip

Everything related to MakeMKV
hopsta

[Problem] - DVD Won't Rip

#1 Post by hopsta » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 pm

I have been using the software for about a week now, and I have ripped over 100 DVD's. Now I have this error on the Region 2 PAL Moulin Rouge DVD. I have copied the log below:

Saving 1 titles into directory E:/Lee2/Video/Moulin Rouge [2001]
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occured while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB' at offset '1157988352'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occured while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB' at offset '1157988352'
Failed to save title 0 to file E:/Lee2/Video/Moulin Rouge [2001]/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

I have tried a few times and nothing is working. The Special Features are saving but the main Feature is not. I think it means the disc is scratched/dirty. The disc does have a couple of small scratches, but didn't think this would be a problem. If this is the problem, is there anyway for the software to skip/ignore the corrupt/unreadable sectors and save the file?

setarip_old

Re: [Problem] - DVD Won't Rip

#2 Post by setarip_old » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi!

First, try cleaning the disc.

(That 2003 Fox release should have simple enough protection) Try using either DVD Decrypter (excellent at resolving poor quality discs) or DVDFabHD (typically skips unreadable sectors) to rip the disc to your hard drive - and then use MakeMKV with te hard drive version...