nicholfd wrote:
Where do I find the "service code".
Using the key_hash file, I tried a US 4K UHD Deadpool rip, and it seems to be working... I'll update when it's finished.
Thanks,
Frank
It will be on the white label attached to the top of the drive. The NSXX will be in the lower right just below the barcode.
Thanks for the quick reply. The drive is in a USB 3 chassis and is still ripping if the rip is successful (plays ok), I'll assume I have a good drive and don't need to replace it!
UPDATE: The file ripped fine, and played back fine on a Mac, using Kodi - WOOT!
wurselum wrote:Is there also a work around with the Hashed Keys for the makeMKV mac version?
No "work around" needed. Put them in the proper directory & they just work.
Make sure you are running the latest version of MakeMKV (v1.10.9), released 20180108.
Open MakeMKV & go to Preferences. Go to the General tab and confirm where the "MakeMKV data directory" is located. Open that directory and drop in the downloaded Hashed Keys file.
If the movie you have matches a movie in the file (different versions of movies in different countries, multi-versions in same country, etc. - it has to match), then MakeMKV will "just work".
ix400 wrote:Where do I put the keys_hashed.txt file in macOS version of makeMKV?
I believe the post above yours applies to the Mac version as well, as far as I know the Mac version should be the same:
nicholfd wrote:Open MakeMKV & go to Preferences. Go to the General tab and confirm where the "MakeMKV data directory" is located. Open that directory and drop in the downloaded Hashed Keys file.
Is there anything we can do if we have a UHD that fails to open because of unknown volume key?
For example, I'm trying to rip my Van Helsing UHD and even though there are a couple entries for that title in the keys_hashed.txt file, I'm guessing the key needed for my disc is different.
MakeMkv isn't creating a .dump file so not sure what to do.
madfloyd wrote:MakeMKV isn't creating a .dump file so not sure what to do.
Are you using version 1.10.9 or higher?
The extension isn't .dump, it's .tgz and after trying to open the disc, the console log will refer to it as an AACS dump and tell you where it has put it. Email that file to svq@makemkv.com.
If you still aren't getting the dump file, please post the log, otherwise there's no way for us to know what the problem is.
Update: please download the latest keys. Due to a bug in 1.10.9 previously released keys are not compatible with 1.10.10.
Heh, I was just about to post with the list of titles that weren't working for me. I went through about 15... strangely enough The Last Witch Hunter worked.
Anyways, a title that failed before is now working with the new keys file. Yay!
(also thanks for pointing out that the dump file is the .tgz file - good to know!)
Is anyone having troubles with the Dark Knight trilogy ?
I have many drive/medium errors on 2 discs at least :
- The Dark Knight - EAN : 5051889614357 / UKRO SHA1 : 8052810c1179b059b259f9394b157fbdcd75f251
- The Dark Knight Rises - EAN : 5051889614333 / UKRO SHA1 : 79143a183213a1efe783260dde42af9a7b02d0aa