What to do with all these files....

Everything related to MakeMKV
jellegard

What to do with all these files....

Post by jellegard »

once MakeMKV converts a DVD or Blu-Ray to all the .mkv files what am i supposed to do with them? i know it's probably a stupid question for all of you experts but there so once you're done laughing hopefully you can answer! thx.
setarip_old

Re: What to do with all these files....

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Play them with an appropriate player...
jellegard

Re: What to do with all these files, for PLEX

Post by jellegard »

really???? thanks for the smart a** comment. i am using MakeMKV to rip Blu-Rays for PLEX. im ripping the entire Blu-Ray. i want a full, lossless copies of my Blu-Rays. do i just put all files into a folder, name it properly [Toy Story (1995)] and then use in PLEX? can someone please give an answer, sans the smart alleck comments - please.

thx.
skittle

Post by skittle »

Hi, I believe it wasnt intended to be offensive comment... rather just a simple (probably more so than you would like) explanation.

MakeMKV will take the main title (or whatever titles you want) and put it into a mkv container. One mkv for each title. mkv file is just a video file, like avi and any player that supports mkv and the video/audio codec will be able to play the mkv.
...do i just put all files into a folder, name it properly [Toy Story (1995)] and then use in PLEX? ...
Yes.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

once MakeMKV converts a DVD or Blu-Ray to all the .mkv files what am i supposed to do with them?
i want a full, lossless copies of my Blu-Rays.

You are discussing two different functions of MakeMKV - 1) making individual .MKVs for each file on a BluRay and 2) Making a fully functional, FULL DISC backup of a BluRay.

For a FULL DISC BluRay backup, select the "Backup" icon...

BTW - I am not familiar with "PLEX", but I'm guessing it's Mac-specific. If so, you might want to check out the Mac-specific sub-forum here.