32-bit Application Limiting Memory Usage

Everything related to MakeMKV
UAAlumni
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 pm

32-bit Application Limiting Memory Usage

Post by UAAlumni »

Capture.PNG
I noticed that when I have 3 (or more) MakeMKV instances open simultaneously, they can only utilize up to 4GB (~3.7GB realized) of RAM (which is the cap out for 32-bit applications). Is there any plan to package a solely 64-bit compatible application?

I have 128GB of DDR4 in my computer. Understandably, MakeMKV can't (or shouldn't) use that much, but it might improve performance if it could utilize more RAM on setups that require simultaneous ripping of content from multiple drives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woodstock
Posts: 10977
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: 32-bit Application Limiting Memory Usage

Post by Woodstock »

I take it that you're referring to the MacOS version, and not Windows...

The Windows version comes with both 64- and 32-bit versions bundled together, and runs the appropriate one for the OS installed.... But the GUI portion shows up as 32-bit.