Problems playing .mkv files with .ass subs in OS X 10.9.2
-
Diana Welz
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 am
Problems playing .mkv files with .ass subs in OS X 10.9.2
Ever since I upgraded to Mavericks 10.9.2, I've been having trouble playing .mkv files with .ass subtitles. The videos don't load for a while, and then VLC freezes and I have to force quit. I never had this problem before 10.9.2 came out. Is there any way to fix this?
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10978
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Problems playing .mkv files with .ass subs in OS X 10.9.
MakeMKV does nothing with subtitles, other than copy them from the DVD or BD you're ripping. Post-rip MKV processing involves other programs.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
Diana Welz
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 am
Re: Problems playing .mkv files with .ass subs in OS X 10.9.
Thanks for the information.Woodstock wrote:MakeMKV does nothing with subtitles, other than copy them from the DVD or BD you're ripping. Post-rip MKV processing involves other programs.