Everything related to MakeMKV
JohnWB

Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar

Post by JohnWB »

Ok, thanks for that I didn't realise it had to be the origional
adave

Post by adave »

I upgraded to the latest version (1.5.5). Do I still need to do anything with the avatar.svq file?

If so, can someone please tell me how to use the .svq file with a minimal install of Ubuntu? I've already downloaded the file but don't know where to place it or how to get MakeMKV to read it. Thanks.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@adave

Hi!

The following is a quote of the directions that are found in "BD+ Support" At the top of this sub-forum:
In order to use SVQ file just download it into "SVQ directory" set in MakeMKV preferences (on BD+ tab). MakeMKV will automatically pick-up the SVQ file and all discs that are enabled in SVQ file will start working. You must set "SVQ directory" in preferences, but you need to do it only once.

mnfish

Post by mnfish »

Set the directory to what? There is nothing listed in the SVQ files directory? What file do I direct it to? And where do I find it?

I wish that the support was quicker on this board? It's frustrating trying to get a response.
dtblair

Post by dtblair »

mnfish wrote:Set the directory to what? There is nothing listed in the SVQ files directory? What file do I direct it to? And where do I find it?

I wish that the support was quicker on this board? It's frustrating trying to get a response.
Create a new file folder on your computer called "SVQ Directory". I put this is the same folder as MakeMKV under program files:

C:\Program Files\MakeMKV\SVQ Directory

Copy the allcombo.svq file available from this site to the new "SVQ Directory" file folder you created.

Open MakeMKV and click on View Preferences or the wrench icon to open up the pop-up MakeMKV Preferences tab. Click on the BD+ tab on the far right. Click on the file folder icon and browse until you locate the new SVQ Directory file folder you created. Done. You only have to create the path to the file folder, not the files it contains
adave

Post by adave »

setarip_old wrote:@adave

Hi!

The following is a quote of the directions that are found in "BD+ Support" At the top of this sub-forum:
In order to use SVQ file just download it into "SVQ directory" set in MakeMKV preferences (on BD+ tab). MakeMKV will automatically pick-up the SVQ file and all discs that are enabled in SVQ file will start working. You must set "SVQ directory" in preferences, but you need to do it only once.

Thank you. But I don't have a GUI as I'm using the command line version of MakeMKV in Ubuntu minimal. So I was wondering where I would place the allcombo.svq file so that MakeMKV could read it correctly.
mnfish

Post by mnfish »

dtblair wrote:
mnfish wrote:Set the directory to what? There is nothing listed in the SVQ files directory? What file do I direct it to? And where do I find it?

Create a new file folder on your computer called "SVQ Directory". I put this is the same folder as MakeMKV under program files:

C:\Program Files\MakeMKV\SVQ Directory

Copy the allcombo.svq file available from this site to the new "SVQ Directory" file folder you created.

Open MakeMKV and click on View Preferences or the wrench icon to open up the pop-up MakeMKV Preferences tab. Click on the BD+ tab on the far right. Click on the file folder icon and browse until you locate the new SVQ Directory file folder you created. Done. You only have to create the path to the file folder, not the files it contains

Thank you. Ok I did that. Do I now need to put the avatar.svq in that same folder as the allcombo.svq? So there will be allcombo.svq and avatar.svq in the same folder? Won't that confuse it? Or will it know which one to use? Or do I delete the allcombo.svq when using copying Avatar?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Do I now need to put the avatar.svq in that same folder as the allcombo.svq?
If you have downloaded (and placed in an appropriate folder, as directed) "allcombo.svq" in the last week or so, you no longer need the separate "avatar.svq", as it has been incorporated into the recent "allcombo.svq" file...

(You can test to make sure you have the "new" "allcombo.svq" proerly situated by NOT putting the "avatar.svq" in the same folder and then processing your original, commercial "Avatar" BluRay disc)
dtblair

Post by dtblair »

As a follow up to mnfish's question:

What happens if both files are present in the directory? The reason I ask is if in the future additional BD specific svq files are added, will it be necessary to delete them if a new composite allcombo.svq file is available?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I don't believe multiple files would present any kind of problem, since the program accesses the .SVQ files to seek out the "fix" for the particular BluRay disc. Once it finds the first instance of the proper "fix" (whether in a singular, disc-specific .SVQ or an "allcombo.svq") it retrieves and applies the "fix" to the ripping process...
adave

Post by adave »

@setarip_old. Where do I put the allcombo.svq file in Ubuntu? I have already created a .MakeMKV directory with the settings.conf file (which has my key in it). I just don't know where to put allcombo.svq and how to point MakeMKV to that location in Ubuntu minimal. Thanks.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@adave

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the O/S you're using, or the MakeMKV version applicable to it.

I'd suggest that you PM "NomadCF"...
skittle

Post by skittle »

adave: you can put svq anywhere you want, just point makemkv to the folder.I put it in .MakeMKV for convenience.

Code: Select all

$ cat settings.conf
#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.5.5 beta linux(x64-release)
#

aacs_KeyFilesDir = ""
app_DestinationDir = ""
app_Key = "T-o4vIHFtFMG0O4H5u0NT40YJcRLnfXk2j1O0Yiy3O6YrwbHga7kWEYays4AS6MTK9h9" #this is beta key
app_ShowDebug = "1"
bdplus_DumpDir = ""
bdplus_SvqDir = "/home/skittle/.MakeMKV"
lochnar

Post by lochnar »

Still not working for me. I have 1.5.5 running under XP. I installed the latest allcombo.svq and pointed MakeMKV to it in the config. Avatar locks in the middle of the rip with an "INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT" error. Any ideas? DVD is R1.
Last edited by lochnar on Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hi,
I've the same message with the avatar.svq downloaded on this form or with the last allcombo.svq placed where tab preference indicates. I'm on MAC with 10.6 and I have the last 1.5.5 (i've bought licence).
But It doesn' t work with Avatar BD...
Please Help me !

thanks