Hardware requirements. I hope I am not doing this post inappropriately. Just joined. I have a Vaio SVE17122CXB with 6 gb of RAM, and intel core 5 running at 2.5 ghz. My DVD drive won't play blu ray and I am trying to decide whether to replace the internal drive with an optical drive that will play blu ray (worried about compatibility) or using a USB drive such as the LG BE14NU40 3.0 USB with it's own power supply. I don't know if my system is powerful enough or what kind of drive to get. I want to back up my DVDs and blu ray disks so I can travel with entertainment.
Any suggestions? Again, I hope this post is in the right place.
Running on a Vaio notebook?
-
yorgo
- Posts: 357
- Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm
- Location: Left of Center
Re: Running on a Vaio notebook?
Welcome aboard. Your laptop should be fine for running MakeMKV. The outboard USB BD drive with its own separate power supply should also be fine.
Help Keep MakeMKV Going - http://www.makemkv.com/buy/
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
-
mike-t
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:04 am
Re: Running on a Vaio notebook?
Thank you! Do you have a preference for internal v. external drives in terms of performance?
-
yorgo
- Posts: 357
- Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm
- Location: Left of Center
Re: Running on a Vaio notebook?
I've only used internal drives in a PC (and on a couple very rare occasions a laptop with its own internal DVD - not BD - drive) so cannot comment directly on external versus internal performance (my gut tells me internal will be faster than USB 3.0 but by how much and is it that important, can't say). Sorry. Perhaps others can chime in.
Help Keep MakeMKV Going - http://www.makemkv.com/buy/
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15