Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
-
Tatch
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:02 am
Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
I just find it odd that such a popular program only has one guy moderating the forum and answering support emails, in his spare time.
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10979
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
MakeMKV has only one developer.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
Tatch
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:02 am
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
Oh whoa, I see. From what I read I was under the impression MakeMKV had a team of people and only one guy handling support and such.
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10979
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
Naw, I've been hanging around here for, um, 6 years or so now (even got banned once!), and it's always been a one-man show.
It doesn't appear that this is Mike's primary job, either. Which is why several of us chip in with answers to common questions, and try to make sure that the less-common ones get the information that Mike needs to fix them, if possible.
It doesn't appear that this is Mike's primary job, either. Which is why several of us chip in with answers to common questions, and try to make sure that the less-common ones get the information that Mike needs to fix them, if possible.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
yorgo
- Posts: 357
- Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm
- Location: Left of Center
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
No way! My estimation of you just went through the roof!!!Woodstock wrote:... (even got banned once!) ...
I've had the same impression which is why I've always been patient and advocate for patience with regards to updates not moving quickly or feature requests not being jumped on.It doesn't appear that this is Mike's primary job, either. Which is why several of us chip in with answers to common questions, and try to make sure that the less-common ones get the information that Mike needs to fix them, if possible.
Help Keep MakeMKV Going - http://www.makemkv.com/buy/
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
-
MrVideo
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:31 am
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
Is estimation the word you were really looking for?yorgo wrote:No way! My estimation of you just went through the roof!!!Woodstock wrote:... (even got banned once!) ...![]()
-
yorgo
- Posts: 357
- Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm
- Location: Left of Center
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
es·ti·ma·tion
ˌestəˈmāSH(ə)n/
noun
a judgment of the worth or character of someone or something.
"the pop star rose in my estimation"
ˌestəˈmāSH(ə)n/
noun
a judgment of the worth or character of someone or something.
"the pop star rose in my estimation"
Help Keep MakeMKV Going - http://www.makemkv.com/buy/
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
Latest Beta Key - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Multiple Playlists? - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
-
MrVideo
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:31 am
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
I've never seen it used in the manner that you have.
-
Yugatha
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:20 am
- Location: The Land Down Under
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
[Thread Hijack]
Woodstock, I have to ask... what's the story behind your ban?
Woodstock, I have to ask... what's the story behind your ban?
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10979
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
Not really sure. One day I came to the site and my account had been deleted, along with all of my posts.
I had not been exceptionally obnoxious, and Mike let me back in a few days later. Might have been an honest mistake...
I had not been exceptionally obnoxious, and Mike let me back in a few days later. Might have been an honest mistake...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
Chetwood
- Posts: 999
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 am
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
I should say so since you're one of the most helpful posters around here.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
-
sflesch
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:17 pm
Re: Why does MakeMKV only have one admin?
I was wondering that myself.Yugatha wrote:[Thread Hijack]
Woodstock, I have to ask... what's the story behind your ban?