3D title and MVC tracks

Everything related to MakeMKV
Justinh

3D title and MVC tracks

Post by Justinh »

I'm looking at Monsters, Inc 3D BD. I'm fairly ignorant of BD and 3D movie structures...

1) How do I know which track is the main 3D movie track? I can't go by the largest because there are three tracks that are 28.1GB. To clarify, there are three titles with "3D MVC" tracks.

2) When I open the disc and expand the track tree/structure, the MVC tracks are not selected. So, if were to just do a backup or convert to MKV w/o any modification, would I get the 3D title? Why are the MVCs not selected by default?

Thanks - Justin
Last edited by Justinh on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: 3D title and MVC tracks

Post by Woodstock »

Click on the little triangle next to the title in the left hand window. Is there a track marked "3D MVC"? That's the 3D version, but you MUST select the track, or MakeMKV won't save it.

Without that track, you have a 2D version. If you do rip the 3D track, but play the MKV file in a player that doesn't understand 3D, you have a 2D version. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Justinh

Post by Justinh »

Could the three "3D MVCs" be different 3D move modes (e.g., SBS, TB, etc.)?

Why are the MVC tracks not selected by default? It would seems to be unexpected to have to select a move track of the movie disc that I'm backing up.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I'm not sure why not grabbing the MVC track is the default, but... It may have to do with the lack of support for MVC in a lot of software. Most people wouldn't even notice it.

If you've enabled "Expert mode", you can change the default selection rules to include MVC, either in the Preferences->Advanced tab, or in a profile you create.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging