Hey guys
I'm a idiot. I was trying to point the directory at the SVQ file and not a created SVQ directory folder. Sorry for the wasted posts.
UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
-
setarip_old
- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:31 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
No harm, no foul - Congratulations ;>}
-
pippit2
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:08 am
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
can u help me i am new at this i dont know how to set up makemkv prefences up like what to put in aacs and bd+ thank you pippit2
-
indica
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 am
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
Ive tried to mkv the entire disc and use a couple of different players and I cannot get the language translation to appear when the scientists in avatar speak the alien language. Does anyone else have this issue or does MKV have a solution?
Thank you
Thank you
-
NomadCF
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:38 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
Did you convert the subtitles or are they still in there still original PGS ?
-
indica
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 am
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
I just used mkv and converted the entire disc subtitles as well. I cant get ANY subtitles to show so I must be doing something wrong? This is the first disc I have ever had this problem with.
-
Tommye1078
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:21 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
^ +1
I had the same problem. Couldn't get the subtitles to display. I found a .srt file with the right timing and am using that. If you figure out how to get the subtitles form the avatar Blu Ray to work I would love to hear how you did it.
Thanks
I had the same problem. Couldn't get the subtitles to display. I found a .srt file with the right timing and am using that. If you figure out how to get the subtitles form the avatar Blu Ray to work I would love to hear how you did it.
Thanks
-
skittle
- Posts: 349
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:23 am
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
Your player needs to support PGS subtitles in MKV. Not many do (yet).
Either use the premade SRT, or convert the PGS to SRT/ASS/SSA, or get a player that supports PGS in MKV.
Either use the premade SRT, or convert the PGS to SRT/ASS/SSA, or get a player that supports PGS in MKV.
-
indica
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 am
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
OK I see I was reading about that but I wasnt sure and wanted to eliminate that it could be the mkv rip.
Thank you.
Thank you.
-
Muzer
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:12 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
I think you select the folder itself, not the actual sqv file - the intention being that if you need more (eg disc-specific) sqvs in the future you can put them all in one place and don't have to point it to each one individually.
-
mnfish
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:31 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
OK..So I'm totally lost. How do you save the avatar link to a file in the MakeMKV Folder? I've downloaded the 1.5.5 version. It won't let me save that link in a file. It just asks what program you want to open it with? What am I missing?
-
mnfish
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:31 pm
-
benchmarkjoe
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
Thanks you for your hardwork. Finally I did rip the Avatar.
-
JohnWB
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 12:51 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
Well I have been tring various things but I keep getting
MakeMKV v1.5.5 beta win(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
I am using XP Pro sp3
I made a directory called MakeMKV FilesSVQ & placed the avatar.svq file in there & pointed the program to it but no difference.
The iso file is called avatar.iso
Is there anything else that I can do please
MakeMKV v1.5.5 beta win(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
I am using XP Pro sp3
I made a directory called MakeMKV FilesSVQ & placed the avatar.svq file in there & pointed the program to it but no difference.
The iso file is called avatar.iso
Is there anything else that I can do please
-
ds2249
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 pm
Re: UPDATE: New BD+ as found in avatar
MakeMKV can only get the decryption keys from a real disc. You can not use an ISO file created by some other tool. Please try again with a physical disc.JohnWB wrote:Well I have been tring various things but I keep getting
MakeMKV v1.5.5 beta win(x86-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
I am using XP Pro sp3
I made a directory called MakeMKV FilesSVQ & placed the avatar.svq file in there & pointed the program to it but no difference.
The iso file is called avatar.iso
Is there anything else that I can do please