uPnP Streaming Audio Track Question

Everything related to MakeMKV
JetJock_fl

uPnP Streaming Audio Track Question

Post by JetJock_fl »

I am attempting to stream "A Haunting in Connecticut". However on my PS3 it plays the audio in FRENCH. I've tried selecting a separate audio track on the PS3 but only Track 1 seems available. I've tried de-selecting all the streams on MakeMKV prior to initiating the stream of the disc and only selecting the DTS CORE audio. That didn't work either. MakeMKV still streamed every available stream, it ignored my de-selections.

I know the STREAMING capability is in BETA but it worked so well with AVATAR that I figured I was doing something wrong on this .iso.
setarip_old

Re: uPnP Streaming Audio Track Question

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

You raise a very valid point!

I'm guessing that streaming, without any enhancements (selectivity) is, logically, based on "I play the first audiostream I see" - in the same fashion as what often happens when you play a .VOB file directly, rather than playing the DVD.

It's another antiquated way disc producers try to foil copying, by placing the audiostreams in differing PHYSICAL sequence on the disc(s). With DVDs, the player program reads the .IFO files to determine whee to find the selected audiostream in each .VOB. With BluRay discs, the player reads the playlists and clipinf files to make that determination.

In your instance, I presume the French audiostream is PHYSICALLY the first such stream...

This is something that "Mike" may want to look into, if the otherwise impressive streaming concept is to be taken seriously...
mike admin

Re: uPnP Streaming Audio Track Question

Post by mike admin »

With streaming decrypted M2TS file is served as is, without any changes. It doesn't matter if you select any streams or titles, the disc is always served entirely in full. It's up to player to consume gigantic blu-ray bitrate and all audio/video formats. My guess is that ps3 can't play a particular codec from M2TS file.