after backup of bluray how to remove warnings and trailers?

Everything related to MakeMKV
doop404

after backup of bluray how to remove warnings and trailers?

Post by doop404 »

hi

after you have got your bdmv and certificate folders anyone know a free or paid app that i could use to remove the warnings and trailers, i have dvdfab installed want tried custom but i don't understand what to delete, i want to keep everything menu, feature, extras, but i want it to go straight to the menu when i play the disk on bluray?

thx
Woodstock

Re: after backup of bluray how to remove warnings and traile

Post by Woodstock »

Why do a backup if you don't want the menus and other stuff?

If you open the disk instead of backing it up, you can create MKV files of JUST the parts you want.
doop404

Post by doop404 »

Woodstock wrote:Why do a backup if you don't want the menus and other stuff?

If you open the disk instead of backing it up, you can create MKV files of JUST the parts you want.
my blu ray player does not play mkv files, i have a iso which my friend got off the disk but it still has protections so i need to run the iso through makemkv to backup and then burn the iso after so that i have a backup of the disk but i wanted to remove the warnings and trailers so it just goes to the menu when you insert the blu ray.

any other solutions?

help appreciated to fix issue.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Bluray players aren't the only game in town, and they aren't even the most sophisticated game in town. Mine won't even play backups, which is why it hasn't been plugged in to power in at least 3 years.

But a backup is a backup - it's going to have everything, just without the encryption. And removing files from it can cause problems, because a "movie" can be made up of multiple files, stitched together at run time.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

doop404 wrote:i have a iso which my friend got off the disk but it still has protections so i need to run the iso through makemkv to backup and then burn the iso after so that i have a backup of the disk but i wanted to remove the warnings and trailers so it just goes to the menu when you insert the blu ray.
What you did makes absolutely no sense. The ISO you got is already a backup of the disc. Making a backup of the backup results in the exact same image ISO.

As pointed out, you just can't go and remove things. The instructions as to what to happen when the disc is played would also have to be modified. Not a simple feat. What program like DVDFab do is reset the flag that says the file can't be skipped. That lets you hit the next chapter button and skip over the file.

To do anything else means you need to re-author the disc to your liking, or use a program like BD-Rebuilder to do the simple re-authoring for you. You won't have the fancy menu, but you put only the files on the disc that you want.
doop404

Post by doop404 »

ok