BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Sendero

Re: BatchMKV - batch GUI for MakeMKV

Post by Sendero »

When I try to run this now, it launches and show up in process list, but no UI pops up. Any ideas?
michaelkruger

Post by michaelkruger »

Hello,

I've been testing BatchMKV and I think it's a fantastic tool. It has many features I've been looking for. Kudos to the developer for making a great tool!

I would like to request these features:
  1. I would like to mark a subtitle track with the forced flag, so that I can tell the difference between normal subtitle tracks and forced subtitle tracks. This could be done with a check mark box - just like you already have for the default track selection.
  2. I would like to select subtitle tracks and their respective sub-tracks individually. Currently, when I select a Blu-ray subtitle track in BatchMKV, it automatically selects the sub-track beneath it. This causes the MKV file to have two subtitle tracks of the same language, for every language. When I use MakeMKV, it allows me to select the subtitle track and its sub-tracks separately, so I have more control over what subtitle tracks I want... can you just carry this same functionality over to Batch MKV?
Here is one potential bug:
  1. When I try to mark a subtitle track as forced, the setting is not saved and I am not able to mark the track with the forced flag - I select/highlight the track --> go to Properties --> select MKV flags from the dropdown menu --> enter value f - but then the f just disappears and does not save.
If you need screenshots or troubleshooting logs, please contact me and I will be happy to oblige.

-Michael
lklassen

Post by lklassen »

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you for creating this program. I had 100's of DVD folder rips and needed to convert them all from the 'VIDEO_TS' DVD structure to MKV files. This is so that my Emby Theatre application plays them back correctly...

I used your program to convert my entire DVD rip collection without too much trouble. I had to play around with the settings a few time to achieve what I wanted, but once I got that set, it was smooth as butter...

Thanks again! So glad I found your program! It saved me so much time.

Luc Klassen
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

Sendero, Michael and Luc - I'm sorry I haven't replied to your posts, for some reason I haven't gotten any notification e-mails when you posted.

Michael and Sendero, I will get back to you on your issues as soon as possible, but I'm afraid it will be a while since I am in the process of moving which will take some time.

Apropos moving, my server hosting the setup files will be temporarily offline for most of the next 1-2 months. In the meantime, the setup files for BatchMKV will be available here.
BatchMKV - free Windows-based batch processing software for MakeMKV
michaelkruger

Post by michaelkruger »

Hi Kenneth,
Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing back when you're all settled in to your new home and back up and running. Thank you.

I had some issues using BatchMKV yesterday. The batch processed and the files were written, but all the custom file names, track names, and flags I had setup were not written to the files.

I updated MKVToolNix to the latest version 9.1.0, so I was suspecting that may have caused the problem. I have not had time to test any further or roll back to the previous version of MKVToolNix to try again. If I get around to it I'll post any updates here.

-Michael
bassfiend

Post by bassfiend »

kenneth wrote:BatchMKV is available for download here (see changelog).
Is that link for download still live? I get an error when trying to go to that link...

Cheers

Phil
bassfiend

Post by bassfiend »

kenneth wrote:Sendero, Michael and Luc - I'm sorry I haven't replied to your posts, for some reason I haven't gotten any notification e-mails when you posted.

Michael and Sendero, I will get back to you on your issues as soon as possible, but I'm afraid it will be a while since I am in the process of moving which will take some time.

Apropos moving, my server hosting the setup files will be temporarily offline for most of the next 1-2 months. In the meantime, the setup files for BatchMKV will be available here.
Dammit - I missed this - ignore my last email! :-)

Phil
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

bassfiend wrote:
kenneth wrote:BatchMKV is available for download here (see changelog).
Is that link for download still live? I get an error when trying to go to that link...

Cheers

Phil
The server is temporarily down. Please see this post for an alternative download location.
Last edited by kenneth on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bassfiend

Post by bassfiend »

Ahhhh ... I get an error on attempting to install...

"An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.adeptweb.dk/BatchMKV/install ... pplication'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD7995.tmp\install.log' for more information."

Is it still trying to reference the original server that's no longer there?

Phil
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

FYI - I am aware that there is an issue with the alternative download location. I've been away on holiday for the last couple of weeks, but I'm working on fixing this issue asap - hopefully later today.
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

BatchMKV is now available for download from here.

It may take up to 24 hours to work for everyone since I've been updating some DNS records. If it doesn't work tomorrow, please let me know.
Last edited by kenneth on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelkruger

Post by michaelkruger »

Just wanted to let you know that the installer is not working yet. I tested from Costa Rica and Poland.

Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.adeptweb.dk/BatchMKV/install ... pplication'.
kenneth

Post by kenneth »

michaelkruger wrote:Just wanted to let you know that the installer is not working yet. I tested from Costa Rica and Poland.

Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.adeptweb.dk/BatchMKV/install ... pplication'.
Thanks for letting me know. I made some fixes and it should be working now for everyone. If the error persists, please try clearing the cache for the website.
michaelkruger

Post by michaelkruger »

The installer is working now.
boe_d

Post by boe_d »

Hello,

Thanks so much for posting this program.

Is there a convert button? I converted them but they came out with bad file names so I've cleared them and reselected them and they analyzed but I don't see a convert button.

I've tried selecting all - untoggling etc. I've cleared and closed the app. I've put the source folder back in but I can't seem to get them to convert again.

The solution for me is to rename the folder and then load it again.

Thanks