I don't know of any that work in conjunction with the Mac, but... You MIGHT be able to get access to the QuickSync Video (QSV) hardware on your Mac, if you have it, by booting Windows on it. It isn't supported under OS X (Intel hasn't released an application interface for it in OS X), but it is blazing fast when it works.
It does, however, get its speed by not being particularly GOOD at encoding. I tried it using handbrake (handbrake.fr for more information), and, while it will go through a BD rip at about 4-5x speed, and get close to 300 frames per second on DVD video, the files are always 10-15% larger than if I use the software x264 encoder in handbrake, and the video quality is somewhat lower. I disabled it and use the software encoder.
Woodstock wrote:I don't know of any that work in conjunction with the Mac, but... You MIGHT be able to get access to the QuickSync Video (QSV) hardware on your Mac, if you have it, by booting Windows on it. It isn't supported under OS X (Intel hasn't released an application interface for it in OS X), but it is blazing fast when it works.
It does, however, get its speed by not being particularly GOOD at encoding. I tried it using handbrake (handbrake.fr for more information), and, while it will go through a BD rip at about 4-5x speed, and get close to 300 frames per second on DVD video, the files are always 10-15% larger than if I use the software x264 encoder in handbrake, and the video quality is somewhat lower. I disabled it and use the software encoder.
If Apple has made the QSV API available, then it would probably be a good time to bring that up to the handbrake developers, since they've said the limitation on QSV on OS X was that Intel did not provide an OS X version of their API.
It could be that Apple's version doesn't use the same calls, but I wouldn't know that.
Edited to add: The link you provided is to a complaint and some explanations about no OS X version of the QSV API....