The Force Awakens

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
dark4181

Re: The Force Awakens

Post by dark4181 »

Seems like AACS v50 always ends up using 800.mpls as the main feature track. Has anyone been paying close attention to this that can confirm one way or the other?
jimx1169

Post by jimx1169 »

aeiou wrote:I'm not seeing the "800.mpls" to rip from, only "The Force Awakens - BLU-RAY" and different verisons of that with different amounts of chapters and file sizes. Am I missing something or is it because I have a different version than you guys?
When MakeMKV is open and it has opened your disc, click on one of the titles in the left pane. After you've done that, look on the pane on the right under "info". Under "Title Information" you should see:

Name:
Source file name:
Duration:
Chapters Count:
Size:
Segment Count:
Segment map:
File name:

What you're looking for is "Source file name:". In the case of this particular disc, it seems that the proper source file should say "00800.mpls"

I'm on a Mac, so things may look different if you're on a PC.
spliffdizzle

Post by spliffdizzle »

aeiou wrote:I'm not seeing the "800.mpls" to rip from, only "The Force Awakens - BLU-RAY" and different versions of that with different amounts of chapters and file sizes. Am I missing something or is it because I have a different version than you guys?
Here is a screenshot of the Target Special Edition disc 1.
aeiou

Post by aeiou »

jimx1169 wrote:
aeiou wrote:I'm not seeing the "800.mpls" to rip from, only "The Force Awakens - BLU-RAY" and different verisons of that with different amounts of chapters and file sizes. Am I missing something or is it because I have a different version than you guys?
When MakeMKV is open and it has opened your disc, click on one of the titles in the left pane. After you've done that, look on the pane on the right under "info". Under "Title Information" you should see:

Name:
Source file name:
Duration:
Chapters Count:
Size:
Segment Count:
Segment map:
File name:

What you're looking for is "Source file name:". In the case of this particular disc, it seems that the proper source file should say "00800.mpls"

I'm on a Mac, so things may look different if you're on a PC.

Oh I See thank you that makes more sense.
aeiou

Post by aeiou »

Warmongerx wrote:I just put it into my Panasonic Blu Ray player in my home theater and it worked fine, so I pulled the disc and after closer inspection in the sunlight, I noticed that large parts of the the disc appeared to have some sort of film or haze over it that didn't match up with the graphic on the front. I cleaned the disc with some soap and water, dried with it with some tissues and now it's working in MakeMKV just fine.

Appears maybe Amazon has some discs that were stored in maybe some colder conditions leading to the haze or film on the discs?

I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same thing on my disc. I do see wavy lines on the bottom of the disc when I tilt it around in kind of rainbow colors. I tried cleaning it off a bit to see if it would help. We will see...
SnakeEyes187

Post by SnakeEyes187 »

got mine from Amazon as well. haven't had time to look at it. does the 800 rip include the deleted scenes, or are they strictly on the bonus disk?
rigorkrad

Post by rigorkrad »

as far as i can tell, my copy of the force awakens isn't even spinning up, so i can't even play it. it looks like its trying to read it, but the disk never mounts. i tried washing it with soap. the disk loads and i see ib88 on a real blu ray payer.
Last edited by rigorkrad on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

dark4181 wrote:Seems like AACS v50 always ends up using 800.mpls as the main feature track. Has anyone been paying close attention to this that can confirm one way or the other?
The AACS version and the playlist used are not related. The authoring of a Blu-ray is done outside of any encryption consideration. When the completed job is sent off for duplication, then the encryption is applied. Production companies probably have templates set up for their Blu-ray releases, making it easier for when the next movie is worked on.
ShadowX

Post by ShadowX »

For those wondering about forced subtitles for alien speech (non English)... The alien speech English subtitles are burned directly into the video. There are no separate subtitle tracks for these forced subtitles. There is an English subtitle track but that is for all the dialog.

I have the Amazon BluRay+DVD+Digital HD version.
JLiGON

Post by JLiGON »

ShadowX wrote:For those wondering about forced subtitles for alien speech (non English)... The alien speech English subtitles are burned directly into the video. There are no separate subtitle tracks for these forced subtitles. There is an English subtitle track but that is for all the dialog.

I have the Amazon BluRay+DVD+Digital HD version.

I have the Wal-Mart BB-8 cover version and it's the same here as well. I believe all of the media is the same on whichever BluRay+DVD+Digital HD set you get. Just different covers and collectible items.

Cheers!
rigorkrad

Post by rigorkrad »

i think my computer can no longer read any blu ray movies. the disk never loads in explorer. the light just flashes and eventually
it just spins down. i think my drive is shot, or maybe windows 7 cant read udfs? need to trouble shoot more

dvds read fine
cdrws read fine
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

rigorkrad wrote:i think my computer can no longer read any blu ray movies. the disk never loads in explorer. the light just flashes and eventually
it just spins down. i think my drive is shot, or maybe windows 7 cant read udfs? need to trouble shoot more
Try using a program like ImgBurn to make an ISO of the disc. The first thing it should do is complain that the disc is copy protected. That is a good start, as it means it can read the media. Let it make an ISO copy. If it can't, you might be right.
dvds read fine
cdrws read fine
CDs/DVDs use a different laser than the one used for Blu-ray discs. I had the Blu-ray laser go out in one of my Blu-ray players. DVDs were fine, so that is how I knew the laser, or the electronics for the laser, died.
thedigitalhobo

Post by thedigitalhobo »

Star Wars is a Disney title now.

Follows every Disney release's format.

800 is the main
801, 802, etc are the foreign.
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

800 worked on the Target disk as well. I've watched it and it's fine.
aeiou

Post by aeiou »

I continue to get errors on my Amazon disc. I have been trying the 800 playlist but it just keeps failing. I am trying one last ditch effort to clean the disc with soap and a microfiber cloth, but I don't think its going to work. Do you guys think I should just exchange it with amazon?