Ejecting DVD

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
subslug

Ejecting DVD

Post by subslug »

Sometimes I can't get the DVD to eject after a rip unless I close MakeMKV. I've never noticed this before this current build but, I dunno know if that's even relative.

If I hit the eject button on MakeMKV nothing happens, if I select eject from the desktop DVD icon and then the MakeMKV eject button it will normally eject.
When it hangs though, even the DVD drive button won't cause the disc to eject.

This is on a Ubuntu 9.10 x64 variant and it's certainly no deal breaker. I think most Linux users are always a little used to weirdness from optical drives.
Postyman

Re: Ejecting DVD

Post by Postyman »

I also got this problem. Is this a Ubuntu problem? I use Ubuntu 9.10 32 bit version.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Working fine for me.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
jay214128

Post by jay214128 »

The Eject DVD command does not work for me either. I also cannot manually eject the DVD until I exit MakeMKV. I'm running ubuntu 8.10, MakeMKV version 1.4.12 BETA.
markiecork

Post by markiecork »

I think this will kill whatever process is using the dvd drive. you'll have to find out what your drive is called in /dev though. you should be able to eject it fine afterwards
Code:
sudo fuser -k /dev/[name of your dvd drive]