External BR player preferences?
-
dzl13
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:41 pm
External BR player preferences?
Recently had my LG BP50NB40 die on me due to being stepped on by my 6 year old. I'm now getting read errors when burning so I'm assuming the laser is now mechanically damaged. I'm looking to replace but wanted to see what the BR player of choice is. I strictly rip BR's at full res.
-
Weeden
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:50 pm
Re: External BR player preferences?
I have had good luck with the LG CP40NG10. Roughly $90. It is usb 2.0 and a tad slow but it gets the job done for me. If you are on a mac im not sure about the compatibility.
-
waterme
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:00 pm
Re: External BR player preferences?
I've been using the LG BE14NU40 External Blu-ray Writer for ages, I find it pretty quick and have had no problems with it
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-BE14NU40-Ext ... 00K83DPO2/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-BE14NU40-Ext ... 00K83DPO2/
-
NShameA
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:20 am
Re: External BR player preferences?
Hello, I use a Pioneer BDR-209M now and used a BDR-206 previously. Pioneer has a good rep as far as I know and I've experienced no problems with them specific to the drive. GL
-
onland
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:26 pm
Re: External BR player preferences?
For an external BD writer drive, check out the Pioneer BDR-XS06 portable slim external USB 3.0 BDXL writer with slot loading mechanism, directly powered via USB.dzl13 wrote:Recently had my LG BP50NB40 die on me due to being stepped on by my 6 year old. I'm now getting read errors when burning so I'm assuming the laser is now mechanically damaged. I'm looking to replace but wanted to see what the BR player of choice is. I strictly rip BR's at full res.