make mkv won't work

Everything related to MakeMKV
Mechalis86

make mkv won't work

Post by Mechalis86 »

I downloaded makemkv, installed it and when I opened the program and it starts and then crashes.
Woodstock

Re: make mkv won't work

Post by Woodstock »

More information would be helpful. Right now, "won't work" is simply a sad story.

What operating system? What does the operating system say about the crash? Did you run it as an administrator, since it needs access to hardware that non-administrators won't have access to?
Avanties

Post by Avanties »

Woodstock, I am having the same problem as the OP. I am running makemkv version 1.9.8 on Windows 10 and whether I launch the application normally or in administrator mode it freezes on launch and then about 10-15 seconds later throws an error message "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting the computer however since I upgraded to 1.9.8 it has crashed every single time upon starting up. This happens with a disc in the drive and without a disc in the drive.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated or is there a way to rollback to version 1.9.7?

Thanks,

Avanties
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It seems Mike has gotten part of the archives back up: v1.9.7 is available at http://www.makemkv.com/download/old/

That said, part of the changes in 1.9.8 were for Win10 compatibility. There are other threads here on things Win10 does to break MakeMKV.
Mechalis86

Post by Mechalis86 »

I am running on Win10 x64 and i am getting the same thing that Avanties is getting
Avanties wrote:Woodstock, I am having the same problem as the OP. I am running makemkv version 1.9.8 on Windows 10 and whether I launch the application normally or in administrator mode it freezes on launch and then about 10-15 seconds later throws an error message "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting the computer however since I upgraded to 1.9.8 it has crashed every single time upon starting up. This happens with a disc in the drive and without a disc in the drive.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated or is there a way to rollback to version 1.9.7?

Thanks,

Avanties
Yugatha

Post by Yugatha »

1.9.9 is up now, can you try using that and see if the errors still exist?
Mechalis86

Post by Mechalis86 »

Yup. it does the same thing.
Mechalis86

Post by Mechalis86 »

Woodstock wrote:It seems Mike has gotten part of the archives back up: v1.9.7 is available at /download/old/

That said, part of the changes in 1.9.8 were for Win10 compatibility. There are other threads here on things Win10 does to break MakeMKV.
So I decided that I would try v1.9.7 and it does work as long as you have registation key. does anyone know if there is a beta key?
Yugatha

Post by Yugatha »

Make MKV is free while in Beta, and the key can always be found at the below link

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Frog44

Post by Frog44 »

I got the same problem, in fact it work with the x86 version but i got the same error message with the x64 version
You can read a solution to make it work in x86 HERE
It doesn't solve the problem but at least you can run MakeMKV in x86