Can't use MakeMKV libaacs/libbdplus to play blurays in Win

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
xenphor

Can't use MakeMKV libaacs/libbdplus to play blurays in Win

#1 Post by xenphor » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 am

I'm trying to use either VLC or MPV to play back blurays in Windows, however I get an error from MakeMKV stating that a 3rd party application has accessed it and to start my trial period. Here are pics:
http://imgur.com/a/Zomm5

I have tried having MakeMKV open while playing back the blurays but I get the same error. I have both libaacs and libbdplus in the same folder as the players, 32bit for VLC and 64bit for MPV. I use libmmbd from MakeMKV accordingly. I've read elsewhere on this forum that it is possible to do so I don't know why it's not working.

edit: I have already started my trial with MakeMKV and have ripped one bluray so far.

Woodstock

Re: Can't use MakeMKV libaacs/libbdplus to play blurays in W

#2 Post by Woodstock » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:42 pm

What happens if you start MakeMKV with the disk in place first, THEN start the third-party application?

Each time you update the beta program, it is supposed to reset the evaluation period. Once it is started again, it shouldn't post this error.

But I'd recommend making sure that debug logging is enabled (see FAQ in my signature), and forwarding the log generated to support@makemkv.com so that Mike can look at it.

xenphor

Re: Can't use MakeMKV libaacs/libbdplus to play blurays in W

#3 Post by xenphor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:43 am

Actually got it working by using the beta code.