30 day shareware functionality

Everything related to MakeMKV
dingo

30 day shareware functionality

Post by dingo »

Please excuse this first post - I am new to this excellent software, but have a quick question. If I wish to use the Blu-ray processing features after 30 days, the software states that a registration key is required (i.e a payment is necessary). The home page, however, states that ALL features, including the Blu-ray processing etc., are FREE whilst the software is in BETA. I can see that the BETA expires after a pre-set time and that a new version needs to be installed at that point.
Could someone help remove the confusion for me over this? Please excuse me, if I have posted in the wrong section.
setarip_old

Re: 30 day shareware functionality

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Very simply, if MakeMKV is still in beta development at May 1, a new, free TEMPORARY registration key will be made available
dingo

Post by dingo »

Thanks! So as I understand it, if the software is still in Beta at the start of each month, a new key will be released to keep it fully functional until the next month?
If you purchase a key now, I assume this will still be valid, when the software does come out of beta to full release?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

If you purchase a key now, I assume this will still be valid, when the software does come out of beta to full release?
Yes, of course ;>}
dingo

Post by dingo »

Thanks!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

You're quite welcome ;>}
luh3417

Post by luh3417 »

I have downloaded latest beta and it tells me my trial has expired and sends me to the payment web page but this thread says while it is in Beta you get a free key. How do I get the free key? When it is out of beta I am happy to pay. Thankyou.
luh3417

Post by luh3417 »

Sorry I missed this post
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
I see thanks.