DTS-HD

Everything related to MakeMKV
MENTJ

DTS-HD

#1 Post by MENTJ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:13 am

Am experimenting with the beta edition 1.9.7 to determine whether to purchase and have run into a challenge.
Converting iso to MKV.
The source has DTS-HD Master but the output MKV file is DTS only.
Searched to forum for a solution and didn't find one.
Searched the app for an option and didn't find one.
What am I doing wrong? :( :(

Woodstock

Re: DTS-HD

#2 Post by Woodstock » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:20 pm

If you haven't learned about Expert mode and the Advanced menu, MakeMKV should simply be copying the selected tracks to the MKV file without alteration.

Now, "selected" depends upon your settings, some of which are not available without Expert mode. If you expand a title's information in the left menu (click on the little triangle next to the title name), you can see what tracks within that title have been selected for inclusion. For DTS-HD, you will also see a "DTS" selection, which is the "core" portion of the DTS-HD track. Both should be selected by default, but check it.

MENTJ

#3 Post by MENTJ » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:28 pm

Right after you sent your information my server crashed and it is finally back up!
Went deeper into the movie menu and found exactly what you were describing except DTS-HD is not checked by default. I did check it and all ran perfectly.

Just wanted to get back to you and THANK YOU for the help.

cyborg

#4 Post by cyborg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Woodstock wrote:For DTS-HD, you will also see a "DTS" selection, which is the "core" portion of the DTS-HD track. Both should be selected by default, but check it.
Hmm, is that really true?

I always check the "DTS-HD MA" only, I do *not* check the core. But I get a mkv file with a working DTS-HD MA track.

I thought checking the core was only necessary when a separate DTS track should be available for players not supporting HD MA?

cyborg

#5 Post by cyborg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:39 pm

No more comments?

I re-checked some of my mkv files, they all seem to have valid DTS HDMA tracks although I did not check the core. I think the core will automatically be integrated into the DTS HDMA track, because without the core the track would not be playable.

PhilT

#6 Post by PhilT » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:06 am

Both should be selected by default but that does not mean they both MUST be selected. The core track will be extracted as this is part of the HD track (hence why it's nested). I just learned this myself from another post (can't remember which).