The Martian - Canadian distribution

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
KaldrinX

The Martian - Canadian distribution

Post by KaldrinX »

It took a very long time to even recognize the disc, which usually takes only a few seconds. For the last 10 minutes it has been trying to open the disc. The top bar is titled 'Processing BD+ code' and the bottom one is 'Opening Blu-ray disc'. Shows 4 mins left and counting upward by a seconds per second.

The dialogue shows:

MakeMKV v1.9.8 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..084002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Both disc and drive require bus encryption, but the bus key is not known.
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Loaded 102 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq

Anyone have any ideas on what I can give a try?
KaldrinX

Re: The Martian - Canadian distribution

Post by KaldrinX »

Finally failed outright with some FUT error. I tried to attach the dump file, but it is too large.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Dump files should NOT be submitted to the forum, but emailed to svq@makemkv.com for evaluation.

New BD+ "protection" programs appear all the time. When you get the "No FUTs" warning, it's time to use email :) .
KaldrinX

Post by KaldrinX »

The main problem is my mail doesn't allow sending zip or tgz files. I sent it, but took off the extension. Hopefully it is still usable by adding it again.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The alternative is using a "drop box"-type site, and sending Mike the link. I have a directory on one of my websites that I use for transferring big stuff to him, when needed. It's one of the "perks" of having your own web servers... :)

So long as your email told Mike what kind of file it was, removing the extension won't be an issue. I have a supplier that sends me ZIP files on a regular basis via email, but trying to send one back will cause your message to silently "disappear"... No bounce, but also no delivery. Change the extension to "piz", and it goes through!
KaldrinX

Post by KaldrinX »

I'm getting the BD+ code was processed, but no FUTs were found. Errors may follow.

The rip went through the process, but the result is a horrible quality file. Smearing and artifacts constantly.