how do i make handbrake keep the dual audio and subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
Drcoco

how do i make handbrake keep the dual audio and subtitles

Post by Drcoco »

makemkv is great it just makes the file size to large. so i use handbrake and it works just fine except the fact that only the default audio is present and there are no subs. how can i compress the mkv with dual audio and subs without losing them
setarip_old

Re: how do i make handbrake keep the dual audio and subtitles

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

That's a question that would be more appropriate for posting at a Handbrake forum...
[/color]
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Drcoco wrote:makemkv is great it just makes the file size to large. so i use handbrake and it works just fine except the fact that only the default audio is present and there are no subs. how can i compress the mkv with dual audio and subs without losing them
You can re-compress video in handbrake selecting any audio track or no audio at all, and then re-mux in MKVtoolnix by taking video track from handbrake-generated file and all audio/subs from original MKV. Re-muxing will take about 15 minutes for an MKV produced from blu-ray.
NomadCF

Post by NomadCF »

I find it it a faster and easier on the encoder. If you first demux the Audio and Video, and only have hanbrake (or other encoder) deal with just the video. Then like Mike said remux them back together.