Beta Key expired

Everything related to MakeMKV
cpercival

Re: Beta Key expired

Post by cpercival »

I only set mine back a couple weeks. I'll try a year.
SigfriedIsDead

Post by SigfriedIsDead »

You don't need to set your date back a year, though it needs to be more than a couple days. I set mine back to July and it worked.

The issue is with the beta key. It's the wrong key. The key listed that says it's good until end of November is the same key that was good for September. He did not change the key. So the current key is wrong. It needs to be changed in order for the program to work. I know the key is wrong because I have a record of the keys.

I had issues getting the current version (v1.9.6) to work by setting back the system date. I needed to go back to an earlier version of the program (v1.9.5) and use the current key. That worked. However, you may have issues with other programs, such as FireFox that won't like the old system date. So best to set the system date back to the current date once done using the program.
cpercival

Post by cpercival »

That was it. I had to roll back to 1.9.5 to get the date change workaround to work. Thanks for that. Hopefully we'll see the new correct beta key soon.
Nazgvl

Post by Nazgvl »

With the date change trick, you can actually change the date back right away. Just set the date back (I did year for simplicity sake), open the program, then set it back. Program will work until you close it and try to reopen again, at which point you have to do this again. You only end up running your pc at the wrong date for a few minutes at a time.
AmishTrader

Post by AmishTrader »

You should offer the product for $35 while in Beta testing. And let people know the price will be $50 when released and there are no more free codes. I love this product; been using for several months. I have no issues nor suggestions. The program and interface are simple and has worked flawlessly for me on blu-ray and DVD 100% of the time, approx. 4 DVD and 25 blu-ray. This program is a life-saver for me. We dropped our cable, tried directTV for 15 days and hated them. Been using a laptop for streaming hulu, etc., etc. Bought a blu-ray optical drive for the laptop to play rental blu-ray and SURPRISE, no 100% reliable players exist. We use makeMKV, watch the movie with VLC player, then erase the files. PS - "Any Video Converter" works great to compress file size and/or convert to another format.
robegian

Post by robegian »

I have the "Evaluation period has expired" problem too — and the beta activation key doesn't work.

By the way, if MakeMKV would cost 30-50% less, I'd buy it immediately.
dom61

Post by dom61 »

I entered the registration key and I rebooted.
This I have done several times to get this message:

Last edited by dom61 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zidoo Z9X | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro | ZDMC 20.1 | Remote WeChip | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800C
My PC Ryzen 7950X
Brian O'Blivion

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

OS X 10.10.5 and MakeMKV 1.9.6:

Same problem here. I tried the latest key, stated as being valid until the end of November, but "Your temporary key has expired and was removed. Please restart the application." and then "This application version is too old. Please download the latest version at / or enter a registration key to continue using the current version."

(Incidentally, why is this software still in beta anyway? It seems to have been available for many years.)
AmishTrader

Post by AmishTrader »

seems to me the version, date, and key must match
v 1.9.6, 9/28/15, sept key work for me
jtiger102

Post by jtiger102 »

I agree that the current Beta Key (expires in Nov '15) that is posted is not working.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled v1.9.6 and reapplied the Beta Key. I keep getting the "Key has expired and will be removed" message.
mattias83

Post by mattias83 »

Yep, sure enough, went to use it today, nope - expired. Downloaded the newest version, put the new key in, and it doesn't work now. Great. This is the second time that this has happened in just a few months. Not happy. I tried setting the date back, but it still doesn't work. Set it back 2 weeks, then 1 month, then 2 months.
DougO

Post by DougO »

Anybody have the old key (Sep 2015)? I believe that is required for the system date workaround.
cpercival

Post by cpercival »

For the workaround, you have to install version 1.9.5. I couldn't get it to work either with 1.9.6. Thankfully, I still had it in my downloads folder. Also the current key posted is actually the old key. So uninstall the new one, install the old one (if you still have it), set your date back, fire it up, use the "current" key, restart it, and set your date back. This worked for me.
cpercival

Post by cpercival »

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to add that it's pretty hard to complain about this. I have been using the so-called beta version of MakeMKV for about 3 years now. I really should have ponied up the $50 a long time ago. I have ripped hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays with this program that is essentially freeware. It is ad free, straightforward, and it just works.
Nazgvl

Post by Nazgvl »

I am using the 1.9.6 version and got the key to work by setting the date back to 2014 before starting the program. once it is started and you have opened your first disc, you can set the date back to the correct year and the program works without issue until you close it and open it again, at which point just repeat.