Transformers Age of Extinction (2014)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
michaeld

Transformers Age of Extinction (2014)

Post by michaeld »

I'm new to MakeMKV, but have successfully ripped 44 BRs with no errors, until I got to Transformers Age of Extinction. The rip completes successfully, but the file will not play. I have only tried Windows Media Player 11 to play the .mkv file so far.

There is video there. If you click along the time bar, the scene does change but the images are static. I have ripped this BR with two different LG BR drives. One drive is brand new, purchased just 2 weeks ago. The other drive is about 2 years old. This is the only BR that has exhibited this behavior so far. The others I've ripped range in age from as new as the Transformers BR to several years old; all other rips are perfect.

Any ideas on what to try or what info I can provide to the community? Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Transformers Age of Extinction (2014)

Post by Woodstock »

When you ripped it, what audio tracks did you extract? Some players have issues with tracks like Dolby Atmos, although they SHOULD be able to pick one of the other tracks, if they're available.

I would try playing it with VLC, to see if it's a problem with the file (possible) or the player. VLC (from videolan.org) plays "just about anything".
michaeld

Post by michaeld »

Thanks for the reply, Woodstock. It seems to be something with the audio tracks. The file opens and plays in VLC. The video is fine but the audio cuts in and out. I attached what MediaInfo shows for the file. Maybe I should re-rip and not choose TrueHD and just stick with AC-3/5.1?
*edit*
I get a message saying "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." So I can't post the MediaInfo screen shot. I ripped TrueHD and AC-3 from the disc so I would have the option of which to play back.
michaeld

Post by michaeld »

Just wanted to add that the fix seemed to be NOT selecting both TrueHD and AC-3. I reripped, selecting only AC-3 and it ripped and plays fine. So far (60+BR rips) this is the only BR that has exhibited this behavior. On all the others that had TrueHD as an option, I selected both TrueHD and AC-3 audio streams so I have a choice of which to use later.

Hope this helps someone.