I can't speak to any specific cross-platform software, since I deal primarily with Windows, but I've used xVid4PSP to re-encode some videos to a lower file size.
Handbrake is great, easy to use program with a good interface. Excellent reduction in size with little pq loss. Generally a 20gb mkv down to 3-4 gb ) It is a great teammate for makemkv which also is a great program ) great job on this one
moviebuff wrote:Handbrake is great, easy to use program with a good interface. Excellent reduction in size with little pq loss. Generally a 20gb mkv down to 3-4 gb ) It is a great teammate for makemkv which also is a great program ) great job on this one
Yeah i have tried handbrake. Awesome pared with Makemkv! Athough it is kind of annoying having to use two programs. I would definitely buy this program if it would give you a option to could compress video To a smaller size As well as if the problems im having that i posted in my thread get fixed.