MakeMKV 1.9.5?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Tapioka
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: MakeMKV 1.9.5?

Post by Tapioka »

Just a quick reply to my original question in this thread: MakeMKV 1.9.5 fixed my problem, as expected :).
billbillw
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: MakeMKV 1.9.5?

Post by billbillw »

I am seeing issues with 1.9.5 and Avast Free. I installed without issue on 8-6-2015. I believe I ripped 1 movie without issue since then. Today, I opened to rip some old HD-DVDs and was warned that Win32:Evo-gen was found and quarantined. After this, the software would not open. I tried a fresh download, and re-installed (removing the old in the process), but during the install, the same Win32:Evo-gen was found. I have told Avast to ignore it for now, but it is somewhat disconcerting.
Woodstock
Posts: 10980
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: MakeMKV 1.9.5?

Post by Woodstock »

According to a two-year-old article, this particular "virus" designation is triggered when "certain suspicious activity" is detected. Like checking for updates.
Darthe
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: MakeMKV 1.9.5?

Post by Darthe »

I am seeing the same thing in windows 10 where its crashing on startup
After unblocking both MakeMKV.exe and Makemkvcon64.exe from the virus scanner (bit defender)

On 64 bit machines this is a compatabillity issue because the application is installed in the Program files (x86) folders
it is expecting 32 bit drivers but when the application starts it says it`s looking for the x64 bit version

As a workaround I fixed this by simply renamed the makemkvcon64.exe to another name and copied makemkvcon.exe to makemkvcon64.exe

Now when Makemkv starts its says its running the x86 version and all is well