EvilJim

50 usd too much for me, 20 ?

Post by EvilJim »

I am on a disability pension I am afraid I cannot do 50 usd,
I can only do 20 usd for payment.
Woodstock

Re: 50 usd too much for me, 20 ?

Post by Woodstock »

Then continue to use the beta test keys for free.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
EvilJim

Post by EvilJim »

Bless you and thank you.
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

Really? So for the price of two blu-rays that you should be buying if you are using this, is too much to pay the developer of a product you obviously get value from?
Even if you are ripping them off, you would have to be renting them from somewhere and you would have to pay for the hard drives to store it.
You can choose continue to use it free if you don't want to acknowledge the value you are getting form someone else hard work, but don't try to lessen it by claiming you 'cant afford it' or it is only worth $20 to you when the reality is your choice to prioritize other entertainment expenditures.
McStarfighter

Post by McStarfighter »

I only can agree with PaulCB ...

I bought the permanent key, and at the time of buying it I only had my basic welfare. Ok, I had to wait two months to have the money, but it is no unreachable thing, even if you are low on money.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

What country has such a crappy DSP that it makes spending $50 an unattainable goal? Or is this just "poor me, I should get everything for free" whinging?
McStarfighter

Post by McStarfighter »

ndjamena wrote:What country has such a crappy DSP that it makes spending $50 an unattainable goal? Or is this just "poor me, I should get everything for free" whinging?
I think this is the real reason ...
expat250

Post by expat250 »

You are all assuming that the original poster was buying his dvd, maybe he borrowed them, or they were home movies on cd and dvd that he wanted on to his pc, you dont know!

Personally I do not buy dvd's, as they are not many available in Philippines, most of my movies are downloads from various sources.
I am also a disabled ex-service pensioner, and pensions here are very low, being disabled makes things that more expensive, as we have to pay others to do jobs that we cannot physically manage.

Plus medication, etc, etc. so get off you high horses, and think before opening your big mouths.
He tried to do the honest action of paying, but you kicked him in the teeth.

Well done you ignorant hooligans.

Semper fe.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

Maybe you should keep in mind how offensive it is for those on DSPs who actually managed to pull together the $50 to have to read other people in the same situation come here asking for special treatment... and get off YOUR high horse.
lotw01

Post by lotw01 »

I am currently testing this program out, as I am switching over to Linux from Windows and $50 is not that much. Most of the Bluray rippers on Windows cost over $70. Even AnyDVD HD costs a good amount of money and you have to pay every year.

If this program works good, he will get my $50. Its worth it to be able to make backups to use with my media server.
blofeldscat

Post by blofeldscat »

Following the expiry of the 'trial period' (today), I purchased a MakeMKV licence. Sure, I could have just kept downloading the latest beta but I wanted to support the developer of this 'friendly' software.

I do sympathise with those for whom the asking price is too much - especially those in territories where the exchange rate is 'unkind' (of whom I count myself). At the same time I am motivated to congratulate the developers for making beta versions available to all free of charge and without (from what I can gather) operational limitation. An uncommonly generous gesture.

As we sit on the threshold of the advent of the so-called UHD consumer format, here's to the software's continued development and success.

Cheers from a particularly-satisfied user.
bluenoyellow

Post by bluenoyellow »

I have a slightly different question, but same basic idea. I am currently using the free version and would like to purchase the software to support the developers. But I have no use of the blue ray feature and would rather not pay for that part of it?

Is there a paid version that only has DVD support?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There has not been any mention of a "DVD-only" version in the years I've been using MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
LazLong

Post by LazLong »

ndjamena wrote:What country has such a crappy DSP that it makes spending $50 an unattainable goal? Or is this just "poor me, I should get everything for free" whinging?
What country has such a "crappy DSP?" The United States of America, that's who. We have the absolute worst social welfare system in the developed world.

Why are you guys all trolling this dude? Don't you have something more constructive to do with your time? You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats....
JBDragon

Post by JBDragon »

$50 is really a steal!!! I've been using this program for a number of years and it's been great. Rips my DVD's, HD DVD's and my Blu-Ray's. I can understand someone that doesn't have a lot of money to spare. But for the Value, it's really cheap!!! Keep using the Beta versions for free and save a little every month and in 6 months you'll have the money. That's less then $10 a month. If that's to much, take a year. That's less then $5 a month. You'd have made good use of the software in a years time and feel like $50 is easily worth it and at that point have saved up the money and then continue to use it for years to come.

It's great being able to use the Beta versions for so long. Most software wouldn't allow that. You can try for a few weeks maybe and that's it. The software keeps getting updated regularly. I have zero complaints. Beta away for however long it takes you to scrounge up a little money. :D