Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 - US Retail (title)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
boxerjake

Re: Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 - US Retail (title)

Post by boxerjake »

I have a Costco release , a Walmart release and a Redbox on hand ...

All 3 list a different title with process monitor , the Redbox version being the " wrong title " while the 2 retail versions copied correctly .

Hence there is no right answer , disc's apear to be formated diffently for each retailer , i'm getting my hands on a Target version tonight , i'll bet Dimes against Dollars process monitor opts up a different Title then the Costco and Walmart discs i have on hand .
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

Finally got around to ripping this. I have the Amazon BR,DVD, Digital copy. HOLY WTF! Hopefully what people have posted on here is the right one to rip. I've never seen so many files to choose from.
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

So I tried what was mentioned on here and it didn't seem to work. Has anyone been able to figure out which one works with the Blu Ray from Amazon? I have the blu ray dvd combo that comes with the digital copy.
zoxxo

Post by zoxxo »

tatts4Life wrote:So I tried what was mentioned on here and it didn't seem to work. Has anyone been able to figure out which one works with the Blu Ray from Amazon? I have the blu ray dvd combo that comes with the digital copy.
tatts4Life, I went to http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php ... 39&#p38139 and followed the instructions, which mention Googling for ""bluray playlist obfuscation youtube"

The very first link that comes up is a Youtube video that tells you how to find out exactly which file to choose. I followed the video and came out with the right title. These instructions are for Windows, so if you're on a Mac, then you'll have to keep looking for a solution. I hope this helps...
FLIC-law-705

Post by FLIC-law-705 »

I haven't watched the result yet - but I used Process Monitor on my copy and came up with this match:

Title information
Name: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
Source file name: 00707.mpls
Duration: 2:02:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 24.1 GB
Segment count: 20
Segment map: 503,520,516,510,511,506,507,514,518,509,519,517,501,505,502,512,515,504,513,508
File name: The_Hunger_Games_Mockingjay_-_Part_1_t379.mkv

What would be a very cool feature in MakeMKV would be a search segment map feature - you could type a sequence like "503,510,508" and it would select the titles that match:
[503],520,516,[510],511,...[508]. My segment map didn't match that of any of the prior posted possibilities so apparently my disk is a different version.
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

How do I use Process Monitor for my disc to figure out what .mpls to use?
I still can't find the right file on my disc.
My issue is that when I copy the files that are mention on here then try to play them nothing happens. When I move the slider around it just shows a still frame of the movie.
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

tatts4Life wrote:How do I use Process Monitor for my disc to figure out what .mpls to use?
I still can't find the right file on my disc.
My issue is that when I copy the files that are mention on here then try to play them nothing happens. When I move the slider around it just shows a still frame of the movie.

Go to youtube and type in " Blu-ray Playlist obfuscation " it will tutor you through useing Process Monitor
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

Thanks found a video and tried what they said. SURPRISE! It's the same F'n file I've been trying. This time I tried DD5.1 instead of true master hd or what ever its called. I think for some reason the 7.1 audio causes a weird issue. I'm making to rips to see which one works.
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

Okay this is freakin weird. I like to use handbrake just to make the file a little smaller. I also don't notice a huge difference in visual quality, it still looks like the dvd. We'll both versions I ripped work fine in my standard player. with handbrake for the DD 5.1 audio in the audio section for handbrake it comes up as AC3 which I think is normal. Now comes the weird part when I load the Dolby true master hd 7.1 or what ever its called. In the audio section it doesn't give me the selection to pass through the audio. In fact it comes up as empty.
MakeSean

Post by MakeSean »

tatts4Life wrote:Okay this is freakin weird. I like to use handbrake just to make the file a little smaller. I also don't notice a huge difference in visual quality, it still looks like the dvd. We'll both versions I ripped work fine in my standard player. with handbrake for the DD 5.1 audio in the audio section for handbrake it comes up as AC3 which I think is normal. Now comes the weird part when I load the Dolby true master hd 7.1 or what ever its called. In the audio section it doesn't give me the selection to pass through the audio. In fact it comes up as empty.
This is the first movie that I have seen that comes with Dolby TrueHD Atmos. Do the audio decoders understand Atmos? New receivers are just starting to support this codec.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It's known that handbrake can't handle Atmos version of TrueHD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
tatts4Life

Post by tatts4Life »

That kind of sucks. I like to use handbrake to reduce files sizes and keep the original film audio since I have a stereo receiver that can handle what's out there. I don't mind reducing the movies size since I've done a side by side comparison on a few movies and notice no change at all in the video quality.
momolabs

Post by momolabs »

DVDFab Passkey Lite BluPath identified this one for me. The segment map matches what others have posted as working. This is my first time using DVDFab Passkey BluPath, but it scanned the disc and told me what I assume is the correct title. Could be an easy way to figure these out in the future if it is reliable...

Title information
Name: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (English)
Source file name: 00553.mpls
Duration: 2:02:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 24.1 GB
Segment count: 20
Segment map: 503,520,516,510,511,506,507,514,518,509,519,517,501,505,502,512,515,504,513,508

I started playing the title in VLC, and it was having problems with the track 1 audio. Likely can't handle Atmos.
TheDave

Post by TheDave »

Well, this took a few tries, but from the linux command line I ended up with:

Code: Select all

makemkvcon mkv dev:/dev/sr0 417 /pathto/extracted/location
I only came to this command after watching the 1st command I tried endlessly scrolling through my terminal, and saw this:

File 00695.mpls was added as title #415
File 00696.mpls was added as title #416
File 00697.mpls was added as title #417
File 00699.mpls was added as title #418
I picked up on "00697.mpls", and saw it was title #417, Ctrl+C to stop the current command, and a re-run of the makemkvcon line from above selecting only title 417 has produced a file matching the description from several other posts in this topic (chapter count, file size, runtime, etc). I am hoping this is the correct track for my RB disc.

To produce the (almost) endless scrolling terminal with title listings first mentioned, I just ran this command:

makemkvcon mkv dev:/dev/sr0 all /pathto/extracted/location --minlength=3600
It initially wanted to rip 1+ tb of mkv's, which stopped, and prompted me due to my lack of available space. At this point I started looking for ways to select just one title using the command line.
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

Anyone figured out which stream is correct for the Canadian Eone disc?