Need progress bar for complex multiplex DVDs

Everything related to MakeMKV
PierreLo

Need progress bar for complex multiplex DVDs

Post by PierreLo »

Hi,

When MakeMKV deals with so called "complex multiplex" DVDs, it displays a fine message, warning the user that "complex multiplex was encountered, this may take some tine".
Nice, but nicer would be to have a progression bar or at least some percentage progression for each VTS title processed so that we know how long it will take.
I did a rip this morning and it took more than 5 minutes to handle a specific complex title. I was wondering if it was really doing something, as remaining time value kept increasing.

Thanks in advance

PierreLo 8)
mike admin

Re: Need progress bar for complex multiplex DVDs

Post by mike admin »

The program actually displays that information just above the the progress bar. It shows "scanning cell xx/yy" which means that cell xx out of total yy is scanned. For reasons too long to explain it is very hard to estimate how many cells need to be scanned in advance.
PierreLo

Re: Need progress bar for complex multiplex DVDs

Post by PierreLo »

Thanks Mike for your answer.

I noticed the display of cell number. Still it takes ages without moving, which is always a bit worrying for the user.

If you don't mind, could you explain to me what exactly is a complex multiplex ? what is it that takes so long to process these "special" DVDs ?
(i don't want to bother with this, just want to learn something :D )

PierreLo 8)