MakeMKV skips Audiotracks

Everything related to MakeMKV
Herbyman

MakeMKV skips Audiotracks

Post by Herbyman »

Hi there

I was using MakeMKV 1.5 with some of my DVDs and on most DVDs I got the "..skipping MPEG Audio" message leaving me with a list of useless videofiles without any audio at all. Huh ? MakeMKV is unable to handle standard MPEG audio ?

Second question - I do a lot of ripping my old Star Trek series DVDs. Each DVD has dozens of subtitles for each episode. Unfortunately MakeMKV marks all subtitles by default. Could you please change that or at least give us an option to disable subtitles in general. Its no fun to un-select hundreds of subtitles manually.

Thank you for an otherwise very nice and useful software.

Herby
Marc_G

Re: MakeMKV skips Audiotracks

Post by Marc_G »

I used to unselect subtitles, but eventually realized that they take up VERY little space. Not worth the effort to unselect them. I now ignore them.

My prefered implementation would be to have a list of one or more languages to keep subtitles for. In my case, I'd say keep all English subtitles.

Marc
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Regarding MPEG audio, unfortunately yes for the moment. As for subtitles you may quickly de-select all of them by right-clicking on a subtitle and selecting "Unselect all".
Herbyman

Post by Herbyman »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the quick response. I overlooked the right click thingy, thank you for pointing me at that. Regarding the mpeg audio - will this be fixed soon ?

Greetings from cold germany

Herby
Herbyman

Post by Herbyman »

HI

I tried that right clicking thing. Thats not really helpful because it unselects ALL from the current title, including all audio tracks. It's better than nothing but it's definately not very comfortable. Would be nice to have unselected subtitles by default or an option somewhere in the settings (I really do hate subtitles in any shape or form).

Herby
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Mpeg audio is supported in version 1.5.2
Herbyman

Post by Herbyman »

Thank you, Mike. Much appreciated.

Herby