Descibed video ?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
boxerjake

Re: Descibed video ?

Post by boxerjake »

I've been trying to ask " where " to deselect it ??? I think i've asked that a couple times now

You tell me step by step where i deselect the described audio track ... It's not identified as a specific track in these Blu-Rays ( Although some DVD'S identify the specific track in Make MKV )

Last 2 rips , "No good Deed " & " The Drop " only have one video file , in that file i unchecked every audio option but english DTS .

The descibed video came through on both , a forum member from Hand brake PM'ed me that he had the same issue when the audio settings were what i mentioned above in handbrake .

I've changed my settings in handbrake and resolved the issue , i played the MKV file in VLC and noted it was not a Make MKV issue , the described video was appearing after washing the file through Handbrake .
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

That's not possible, audio information doesn't come from nowhere.

DVD codecs are AC3, DTS and PCM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video

None of which contain any capacity for sub channels.

Only E-AC3 can do that, but it's only available on HD-DVDs.

If you only have one audio track in a file, and you somehow get Audio Description from it, then it's Audio Description. You can't get two different sounds from the one track. (unless someone hacked a DTS-HD extension)
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

boxerjake wrote:I've been trying to ask " where " to deselect it ??? I think i've asked that a couple times now
Probably because we can't imagine anyone having problems simply unchecking the box right beside the specific track in the MakeMKV GUI.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

Chetwood wrote:
boxerjake wrote:I've been trying to ask " where " to deselect it ??? I think i've asked that a couple times now
Probably because we can't imagine anyone having problems simply unchecking the box right beside the specific track in the MakeMKV GUI.

lol , is english not your first language ?

The issue as i mentioned already was in handbrakes audio codec selection , my preferences changed on the last update and defaulted the audio to AAC (avcodec) instead of the passthrough option i used prior .

Hence the " Desribed Video " came through , did'nt matter which " specific track " in MKV that was selected ( some Blu-rays and DVD'S only have one track anyways )
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Obviously not. But even if it were I think I've wasted enough time with you. Good luck figuring this out.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch