Newbie help please

Everything related to MakeMKV
weehappypixie

Newbie help please

Post by weehappypixie »

Hi,

I am a registered user and was wondering if it is possible to tell MakeMKV auto select the DTS-MA or Dolby True HD soundtrack and if it exists the MVC 3D data. When I rip my Blurays I like to keep them in the original format as found on the disc. Main Movie, MVC 3D data, Lossless soundtrack, forced subtitles and the cover.jpg file.

I cannot find a way to select these automatically. Am I doing something wrong or can someone help me please.

Thanks,
Woodstock

Re: Newbie help please

Post by Woodstock »

What you're looking for is part of the Advanced configuration stuff. The first step is to make sure you have "Expert mode" turned on in your preferences. That will open up an Advanced tab in your preferences, and enable a number of other nice features, such as profiles.

The Advanced tab has a place you can enter a "default selection rule", and profiles can have selection rules as well. There is a lot more on this scattered in the Advanced section of this board, but a selection rule can look like this:

Code: Select all

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
In this case, I'm telling MakeMKV to NOT select the MVC track (no 3D equipment in use here), but that could be changed with a + instead of the - in front of sel:mvcvideo.

While my configuration has a default selection string in the Advanced tab, it's overridden by the profiles I use. Profiles allow you to do a LOT of things... This is where reading through the information in the Advanced section of this forum and PLAYING will help.
weehappypixie

Re: Newbie help please

Post by weehappypixie »

Thank you for the reply. Had a look at the advanced forum and it's a wee bit beyond me for now.

Pix