Dr. Strangelove HD audio problem

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
davelr

Dr. Strangelove HD audio problem

Post by davelr » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, and if so if you have found a fix.

I have the US Bluray release of Dr. Strangelove which has a TrueHD audio track. I've ripped the disc a few times with the HD track but each of these has had a problem where about 8-10 min. in the audio track clicks and goes to static. The only way to stop the static is to halt the playback of the mkv and then restart it from the same point. Unfortunately, even though the soundtrack comes back at that point, it will fairly quickly revert to static again. This is being played back using XBMC (pre-Kodi) and decoded in a Denon 3808 AVR which setup hasn't had any HD audio problems on any of another 60-70 titles.

I've bypassed the problem by ripping the DD soundtrack instead which for this movie is probably fine, but am curious if anyone else has seen a similar problem.

The Masked Onion

Re: Dr. Strangelove HD audio problem

Post by The Masked Onion » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 am

Are you able to test the mkv with VLC or MPC-HC to see if it does the same thing? Does the same thing happen if you rip the HD audio to FLAC?

davelr

Re: Dr. Strangelove HD audio problem

Post by davelr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks. Haven't tried those yet, but will after the holiday crush is over.