Demo Version too old?

Everything related to MakeMKV
RealityBites
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 am

Demo Version too old?

Post by RealityBites »

While trying to run MakeMKV tonight I got a popup saying

This DEMO version has is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com

So I did.

I still got the popup. So I unistalled and reinstalled. Still getting the popup.
michelkenny
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Demo Version too old?

Post by michelkenny »

RealityBites
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Demo Version too old?

Post by RealityBites »

Already read that. Since the app exits after the pop-up, having the activation code doesn't exactly help.

Edited to add: found a workaround. Installed it on another machine, exported the registry setting, imported it on the machine with the BD drive
mike admin
Posts: 4110
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: Demo Version too old?

Post by mike admin »

Are you sure that you are running 1.5.0? Please recheck in help-about
RealityBites
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Demo Version too old?

Post by RealityBites »

Again, once that message popped up, the application exited, so it was impossible to check the version. There was no getting past that pop-up.

I was finally able to load it by installing it on another PC, exporting the registry information and importing it.

However, once it was installed it wouldn't decrypt the blu-ray I needed to re-rip. I ended up finding a copy of version 1.412 which works fine.
mike admin
Posts: 4110
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am

Re: Demo Version too old?

Post by mike admin »

That sounds terrible. Are you sure that you have used 1.5.0 downloaded from this site? May I ask what kind of BD disc it was and how the program failed to handle it, failed to decrypt, failed to recognize the movie or failed in other way?