Feature idea
-
NEO Dan
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm
Feature idea
Currently we can filter off titles below a certain length, why not have an upper limit too? Or what about simply entering in the desired time?
-
ndjamena
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 am
Re: Feature idea
Because it would change for each disc, especially for DVD, and therefore can't be set in preferences and would require a GUI rewrite to fit it in.
-
Zlaxhe
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:24 am
Re: Feature idea
In what senario would that make sense? Oo
Id rather go for a minimum size then time.. Dont know how blu-rays are builded up.. Only use dvds..
Id rather go for a minimum size then time.. Dont know how blu-rays are builded up.. Only use dvds..
-
Romansh
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Re: Feature idea
Meh, same could be said about a minimum length…ndjamena wrote:Because it would change for each disc, especially for DVD, and therefore can't be set in preferences and would require a GUI rewrite to fit it in.
-
ndjamena
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 am
Re: Feature idea
The GUI hasn't changed much in a very long time:
[quote"http://www.makemkv.com/"]MakeMKV is a program that is very complex inside, but has very simple interface. Converting a video disc is a simple 3-step process. [/quote]
I'd call that a mandate.
MakeMKVCon is where all the action is, as far as I'm aware the GUI can do nothing that can't be done from the MakeMKVCon CLI. So far I count two MakeMKVCon GUI's dedicated to ripping folders full of ISOs. If finding correct titles on discs with frustrating copy protection (which is the only practical use for this feature I can see) was such a grand problem that the GUI should be altered to account for it, someone would have already taken the initiative, written a program to deal with it and posted it on the forum.
[quote"http://www.makemkv.com/"]MakeMKV is a program that is very complex inside, but has very simple interface. Converting a video disc is a simple 3-step process. [/quote]
I'd call that a mandate.
MakeMKVCon is where all the action is, as far as I'm aware the GUI can do nothing that can't be done from the MakeMKVCon CLI. So far I count two MakeMKVCon GUI's dedicated to ripping folders full of ISOs. If finding correct titles on discs with frustrating copy protection (which is the only practical use for this feature I can see) was such a grand problem that the GUI should be altered to account for it, someone would have already taken the initiative, written a program to deal with it and posted it on the forum.