Issues with MakeMKV v1.8.10 vs v1.8.9 (also different drive)

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
KnightCat

Issues with MakeMKV v1.8.10 vs v1.8.9 (also different drive)

Post by KnightCat »

So I have an HTPC with MakeMKV v1.8.10 and another PC with MakeMKV v1.8.9 and have noticed the following issues between the two versions.

When reading Smokey and the Bandit 1&2 (on the same disc) v1.8.10 only found one of the two movies while v1.8.9 found both movies.
When reading Smokey and the Bandit 3 v1.8.10 failed to save the file (or managed to save it with a horrible AV sync issue once debug logs were enabled) while v1.8.9 successfully saved the file with no issues.
When reading White House Down v1.8.10 failed to save the file while v1.8.9 save the file without any issues.

On one machine is running an external LG BD drive while the other is using Internal Samsung DVD drives.

I will test using the external drive on v1.8.10 and the Samsung Drive on v1.8.9 and let you know if there is any additional information.

Update:
Samsung CDDVDW SH-S202N SB01 (Old School PATA DVD Drive) Does see both of the films on Smokey and the Bandit 1&2 disc on the HTPC
Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 (Newer version with SATA) Takes forever to read the Smokey and the Bandit 1&2 disc and only sees one film on the HTPC.
LG BD-RE BP06LU11 HK01 (External USB3 Drive) Sees both films.

Is this possible a specific issue with the Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01?
ndjamena

Re: Issues with MakeMKV v1.8.10 vs v1.8.9 (also different dr

Post by ndjamena »

I'm having a similar problem with Ben 10: Omniverse Vol 4 on a Pioneer Blu Ray Drive vs an LG DVD Drive. Other discs work fine no matter which drive I use, but that one disc is killing my Blu Ray drive, while the DVD Drive reads it fine (as long as I haven't had it in the Blu Ray Drive recently).