Smokey and the Bandit Part 3

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
KnightCat

Smokey and the Bandit Part 3

Post by KnightCat »

It fails to save title on Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 which is the second disc of the Smokey and the Bandit Pursuit Pack.
Woodstock

Re: Smokey and the Bandit Part 3

Post by Woodstock »

And it would be helpful to have debugging information that might expose the source of the problem....
KnightCat

Post by KnightCat »

So, before I posted this the first time, I tried 3 times to save it. Strangely, once I enabled the Debug stuff, it managed to save it. How does that make any sense?

BUT, the audio is now messed up halfway through the movie. It's good until about the 40 minute mark. I can't attach anything to the post in order to give you all the error files. It gives me the error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

So I hosted it on my domain: http://www.knightcat.com/SmokeyandBandit3.rar
KnightCat

Post by KnightCat »

I had to put a URL in my reply in order to get you the error files since it won't let me attach anything on the forums. I guess the use of the URL makes the post have to get moderator approval so... now we wait...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

And the moderator is the one that will be able to decode the errors, so all is good.... :)

Actually, for most error logs, just clicking the "Code" button above the editor window and pasting the log information in is sufficient.
KnightCat

Post by KnightCat »

Not this one... When I try to do that I get this error: Your message contains 4996013 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

That's right, nearly 5 million characters....ugh
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I haven't seen a log that big for a single since.... Well, I haven't seen a log that big in a long time. Even the badly scratched disk I tried a few weeks ago was less than a megabyte before MakeMKV finally gave up on it.
KnightCat

Post by KnightCat »

KnightCat wrote:So, before I posted this the first time, I tried 3 times to save it. Strangely, once I enabled the Debug stuff, it managed to save it. How does that make any sense?

BUT, the audio is now messed up halfway through the movie. It's good until about the 40 minute mark. I can't attach anything to the post in order to give you all the error files. It gives me the error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

So I hosted it on my domain: http://www.knightcat.com/SmokeyandBandit3.rar
The post got approved.
KnightCat

Post by KnightCat »

So, a little new information. This is only an issue for me on MakeMKV v1.8.10 which I have installed on my HTPC, while I am able to save file with no issues (including the sound issue being resolved) on my primary PC which is running MakeMKV v1.8.9. The HTPC does have some different hardware but, I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make.

I've considered upgrading my primary PC to test but, I don't want to give up the one that is working...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Actually, the most important part of the hardware on the PC seems to be the optical drive and controller... I have a quad core Windows machine for my "main" machine, and a dual core machine in the other room. The dual core machine rips faster than the quad core, because it has just seems to have a better integration between the drives. MakeMKV itself is not very processor-intensive.