Fastest BD Ripper - Multi Drive Ripping

Everything related to MakeMKV
Krobar

Fastest BD Ripper - Multi Drive Ripping

Post by Krobar »

Hi Everyone,

I already have an LG combo drive and a few dvd writers but I was wondering what the fastest BD Rom drive was, are the new LG 10X drives any good?

Also, has anyone hit any problems when ripping from 6+ drives at once?
Krobar

Re: Fastest BD Ripper - Multi Drive Ripping

Post by Krobar »

Just got a pair of the LG 10X drives. Not impressive, 1.8-4.5X over a BD original.
shanec

Post by shanec »

Many Blu-Ray capable reading drives are configured to only read discs at the speed required for playback. This can be disabled by getting a modified firmware (or a tool to modify the official firmware) and disabling the auto speed reduction when reading DVD-ROM / BD-ROM discs.

I did this on mine and reading Blu-Ray discs is now between 15-25Megs a second instead of hovering around 6Megs a second.
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

Shanec,

Could you point me to a firmware mod site that would let me speed up my BD drive? I've got a CH08LS10 which is supposedly 8x but operates a lot slower. And is much worse on the DVD side also.

Marc
Krobar

Post by Krobar »

The program is Mediacodespeededit. The author says the CH10LS20 will be supported in the next version. BD rip speed improves significantly to 3.4-8X across the disc.
Krobar

Post by Krobar »

Riplock patch is released and works well, I'm getting much better rip speeds with the modded firmware. For LG CH10LS20 users:
http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=download&id=5753
http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/
Untitled.jpg