*** Three user preferences required!!!! ***

Everything related to MakeMKV
mrbass

Re: *** Three user preferences required!!!! ***

Post by mrbass »

The ts isn't asking to disable detection rather disable anydvd automatically rather than having the user to do it manually each time he wishes to use makemkv. Then again now though who really knows what the ts wants. But ultimately I think the ts really wants makemkv decryption disabled and just to allow anydvd hd to do the decrypting which I think if shouldn't be done because already I read about bug reports when people are using makemkv on .iso decrypted with anydvd hd and there are issues. When they rerip their original bluray with makemkv then it magically works. So why complicate mattters.

[quote]
1) Option under Preferences to: "Use AnyDVD-HD protection instead of native MakeMKV protection (if available)" and/or "Quietly disable AnyDVD-HD during converting a protected disk (when AnyDVD-HD is enable) and re-enable ANyDVD if it was enabled before. You should NEVER prompt a user that they already have AnyDVD-HD and to do extra manual steps to continue. (This should be automatic based on predefined user preferences)./quote]
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

Please post this request on slysoft forums for me. Just flipping the coin. I'd prefer not to get banned but HEY that's just me. Do me a favor and stay off doom9 forums...you won't get very far.

Please detect presence of the $100 cheaper competitor product known as makemkv which also decrypts blurays and BD+ too. When detecting makemkv either disable it's ability to access the drive OR if not able to do that then disable anydvd hd encryption and renable it magically when I close makemkv. It does what I want and remuxes them into .mkv format which I prefer. No reason why you shouldn't be able to do this as I expect most users would welcome this change. No reason anydvd hd should consider take priority as the decrypter as there are still some of us who like to have it autostart and we shouldn't have to conatantly be bothered to turn off anydvd hd.

There's no reason why anydvd hd should force users to use it's own protection. I think I like AnyDVD HD better when it did what it was originally set out to do without venturing out into competing with existing, well-known products that several people use.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

mkanet wrote: We all love MakeMKV. Its a great product just like AnyDVD-HD. Maybe it's my ignorance of how MakeMKV works, but AnyDVD-HD (in realtime) is able to remove any kind of protection in real-time (invisible to multiple applications such such as Archsoft and Cyberlink, etc. which expect encryption.

There's no reason why MakeMKV should force users to use it's own protection. I have a hard time believing that MakeMKV is the only utility that has an issue with this. MakeMKV even took the time to detect AnyDVD-HD and ask the user to disable it manually each time, then re-enable it each time. This is pure speculation, but it sounds to me this is more of a competitor type issue in handling encryption than an incompatibility. All MakeMKV does really is grab files and remux them to MKV.... it doesnt make sense to me to get into the business of removing encryption; with the audacity to tell the user to disable a much more popular product dedicated to doing that already. If MakeMKV doesnt detect AnyDVD-HD, then I can understand why MakeMKV might want to get into adding native ability to remove protection.
mkanet, this goes too far.

- MakeMKV doesn't FORCE you to do anything. Yes, it detects AnyDVD and suggests to disable it. You can always click "continue" and it will continue to work. One of the reason it was done - some versions of anydvd do NOT remove "aligned unit encrypted" flag from M2TS file when it decrypts the disc. It was learned the hard way, when forum was filled with error reports and after all it turned out that AnyDVD was the reason.

- You have your point, you believe that AnyDVD is great product and that it should be the only one. I respect your point, but that does not give you the right to turn this forum into your tribune. While discussion and mention of competing products is not prohibited on this forum per se, you crossed the line. For that you have an honor to be a first user banned on this forum.