The Sopranos S1D1

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
majorpbx

The Sopranos S1D1

#1 Post by majorpbx » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:56 am

Hi,

I just installed MakeMKV for the first time and I'm experiencing a Fatal Error already! After downloading and installing the latest version (1.8.5) of this software I receive a fatal error warning after the software reads (any media I've tried so far, either already ripped content or media in an active player/writer drive) the content and presents the "Operation successfully completed" dialog the software hangs for a few seconds and pop's up a screen that reads (with a red circle "X") a "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." message. After clicking "OK" to this box the program exits but the process remains running in the background and starts eating up memory/processing power. The process that remains running is "makemkv.exe *32" (and occasionally a makemkvcon64.exe process as well). I've searched the boards briefly to see if this is a known issue and from what I've read this issue should have been resolved in build 1.8.4.

My System,

Processor: AMD 64-bit 8 Core
RAM: 16 Gb
Graphics Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT & 8600 GT

If more information is required please let me know and I'll do what I can. An e-mail has been sent with all information that was said to be need on your website to support personnel.

Thank you

Woodstock

Re: The Sopranos S1D1

#2 Post by Woodstock » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:34 pm

What would be helpful is some logs... See the link in my signature for enabling Debug logging.

majorpbx

#3 Post by majorpbx » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Okay, not sure if you completely read my post but I clearly stated that I had already followed your websites guidance on reporting issues. But if there is more that you need other then whats posted on that page by all means I will oblige.

majorpbx

#4 Post by majorpbx » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Any update? I guess no update is a good one....

majorpbx

#5 Post by majorpbx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:37 pm

WOW... seriously??? no update huh? Well I guess this software lost one customer! I've even tried installing previous versions and I still have the same issue, except for 2 versions older which just exit out because of lack of license... POOR customer support, I realize I'm not a paying user but man if you can't even try to figure out my problem what's the point in buying???

All questions above are rhetorical as I'm sure once someone reads them they are going to inevitably get pissed off and delete the whole thread to keep people from seeing this one blatantly obvious lack of support!

Woodstock

#6 Post by Woodstock » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 am

You say you sent logs to the support email address. That means only Mike would have seen them, and no, MakeMKV is not his "day job", so direct, official support comes when he can get to it. If you had posted the logs here, others who have experience looking at the logs might have been able to help, in the mean time.

But, without seeing logs, here are some guesses:

Fatal errors need information to resolve. Sometimes, they're hardware related, sometimes software related. "makemkv.exe" is the graphic user interface, while makemkvcon??.exe (where the ?? is either 32 or 64) is the command line program that the GUI invokes. If the latter is running, it didn't really "fatally crash", but the operating system may think so.

Did you ever install a version prior to 1.76? It is possible that you have a mix of versions, because there was a bug in earlier versions that would leave a copy running sometimes. If it didn't exit, the install of a new version would seem to work, but really wouldn't, and the version conflict would generate fatal errors later on.

canp94

#7 Post by canp94 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:51 pm

I had a similar problem yesterday. I had run a quick scan with MalwareBytes when I was having the problem but it didn't find anything. This morning it did a full scan and found some Malware. I ran AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool and cleaned up all the adware from my system. I then ran MakeMKV and it worked great again. No problems!!! You might want to give this a try. Here's my original post. Good Luck!

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7176

canp94

#8 Post by canp94 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I had a similar problem yesterday. I had run a quick scan with MalwareBytes when I was having the problem but it didn't find anything. This morning it did a full scan and found some Malware. I ran AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool and cleaned up all the adware from my system. I then ran MakeMKV and it worked great again. No problems!!! You might want to try this...Good Luck!

Here is my original post.
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7176