what is up with Eagle Eye

Everything related to MakeMKV
ridewithstyle

what is up with Eagle Eye

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hello there,

I'm having trouble with my Blu Ray "Eagle Eye". If I'm trying to load the disc I'm getting Medium Errors all over the place. So I kept PowerDVD and makemkv running and inserted the Blu Ray. Suddenly the Disc gets read without any errors. I check the main title, strip some subtitles and audio tracks and start ripping. 11GB into the Movie I get:

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occured while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '15281405952'

and the rip is terminated. Does this sound like BD+ or am I forgetting something? Btw. AnyDVD HD fails at the identical position. What do you say, is it likely that the disc is damaged?

Greetings, rws
setarip_old

Re: what is up with Eagle Eye

Post by setarip_old »

Does this sound like BD+ or am I forgetting something? Btw. AnyDVD HD fails at the identical position. What do you say, is it likely that the disc is damaged?
Nothing to do with BD+ (MakeMKV would let you know during its initial pass if the disc contained BD+ protection - and, anyway, MakeMKV can process it).

If two programs are stopping at the same point, it's quite likely that the disc is either physically damaged or dirty...
Tommye1078

Post by Tommye1078 »

I have to agree with damaged. I had no problem ripping Eagle Eye.
GoColts

Post by GoColts »

Hi!

I have not a problem with this one, ripped fine 4 me.
GoColts

Post by GoColts »

setarip_old wrote:
Does this sound like BD+ or am I forgetting something? Btw. AnyDVD HD fails at the identical position. What do you say, is it likely that the disc is damaged?
Nothing to do with BD+ (MakeMKV would let you know during its initial pass if the disc contained BD+ protection - and, anyway, MakeMKV can process it).

If two programs are stopping at the same point, it's quite likely that the disc is either physically damaged or dirty...
I looked at this disc and discovered BD+ wasn't even on it. It only has AACS.
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hello there,

first of all, thanks for the replies and sorry for my delay. I did two things, I changed the disc and I bought another Blu Ray Drive. I tested the new Disc in the old LiteOn iHOS104-32 and still no dice. I installed the new LG CH08LS10 with Firmware 1.0 and tried my luck. The disc gets recognized (hail LG), but again, I got errors. So I updated the Firmware to 2.0 but still I get

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occured while reading 'BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 2.00' at offset '1844574208'
This happens while the Disc gets loaded, before actually extracting the tracks and also during the extraction of the tracks which ultimately results in a failed rip.

Code: Select all

Using direct disc access mode
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occured while reading 'BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 2.00' at offset '1844574208'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occured while reading 'udf:/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '3727773696'
File 00000.mpls was added as title #0
Title #00002.mpls has length of 45 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00025.mpls has length of 60 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00001.m2ts has length of 22 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00002.m2ts has length of 22 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00008.m2ts has length of 27 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00009.m2ts has length of 36 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00010.m2ts has length of 72 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00011.m2ts has length of 103 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00012.m2ts has length of 67 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
File 00013.m2ts was added as title #1
File 00014.m2ts was added as title #2
File 00015.m2ts was added as title #3
File 00016.m2ts was added as title #4
File 00017.m2ts was added as title #5
File 00018.m2ts was added as title #6
File 00020.m2ts was added as title #7
Title #00022.m2ts has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00061.m2ts has length of 29 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00062.m2ts has length of 11 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00063.m2ts has length of 29 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00064.m2ts has length of 11 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00068.m2ts has length of 0 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation sucessfully completed
Saving 2 titles into directory /home/somedude/Eagle_Eye_video
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occured while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '92469248'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occured while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '92469248'
Failed to save title 0 to file /home/rws/Videos/untouched/Eagle_Eye_video/title00.mkv
1 titles saved, 1 failed
I swapped drive and disc (it's a rented version), any ideas? It's the only disc so far I had problems with.

greetings, rws
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I swapped drive and disc (it's a rented version), any ideas?
OOPS!
GoColts

Post by GoColts »

setarip_old wrote:
I swapped drive and disc (it's a rented version), any ideas?
OOPS!
BIG OOPS! hahaha
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

GoColts wrote:BIG OOPS! hahaha
As setarip_old have mentioned, this forum is not for discussing any illegal activity including ripping and storing rental discs. Please retain from useless posts in future.
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Good evening,

I'm sorry, I'll have to clarify things. I OWN Eagle Eye and lots of other discs (250+ DvDs, around 50 BluRays). But as I set up a linux media htpc system I cannot really use PowerDVD, can I? To make sure that I do not have a faulty disc, I additionally rented the disc and tried that one. So afterall I paid TWICE for the disc and still can't play it. Sorry that I posted that in a rather confusing manner. I just wanted to ask if there might be a difference between the rental and the consumer version additionally to the drive obviously not being able to handle the disc.

Regards, rws
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@ridewithstyle

Instead of "paying twice", why don't/didn't you simply return your purchased BluRay to the place of purchase in exchange for a new replacement?
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Because I already did that, hence the rented copy and the new drive. :wink: