Automatic scan stupidity

Everything related to MakeMKV
lexor1704

Automatic scan stupidity

Post by lexor1704 »

Ok.

I have drives and would like to use both at the same time but this is incredibly difficult with this program. I start 2 copies of Makemkv and insert a disk into disk 2 and start the scan process. I then insert the disk for disk 1 and have to fight the program to have it scan the drive I want because it continues to try to scan the other disk. I can eventually get it to work but when one drive gets done before the other I switch to another disk for the done process and after the disk scan and reading the titles it all of a sudden starts trying to access the disk that is still reading and causes that process to slow down. All of this because someone thought it would be nice to auto scan everything you insert and for some reason when separate copies of the program are running they are still linked and want to auto scan the other disk. PLEASE give us a way to turn this stupid auto scan off. I do not want to hear about using the command line because that is ridiculous. I have paid for this program and and want some support on this. The program is great and works well but it is mind boggling that such a simple thing as using both my drives cannot be accomplished without pain and suffering. If anyone knows a hidden way to turn off auto scan that does NOT involve using the command line please let me know.
mike admin

Re: Automatic scan stupidity

Post by mike admin »

lexor1704 wrote:I have drives and would like to use both at the same time but this is incredibly difficult with this program. I start 2 copies of Makemkv and insert a disk into disk 2 and start the scan process. I then insert the disk for disk 1 and have to fight the program to have it scan the drive I want because it continues to try to scan the other disk.
This feature (better drive sharing when multiple copies are running) was requested several times and is certainly coming. I can't promise the timeframe though.
lexor1704

Post by lexor1704 »

Thanks for the response and I am glad that it is on the radar. This is my goto program and want to use it efficiently .
Gadgetman!

Post by Gadgetman! »

Would have been real nice when I was working with 4 drives to do the bulk of my ripping.
I don't rip that many DVDs any more, but once in a while I get a 'complete' package of some series or other, and then it would be really nice.
(Latest was Maison ikokku at 12 DVDs, and yeah, a box with all the Star Trek movies... )

So it's an eagerly awaited function. ;-)
Mac Mini, 2005 with superdrive, 2GB RAM, 80GB SSD, Core2Duo 2.16GHz CPU...
2 x LG USB DVD-drives and 'old spiteful' an IDE-based DVD-reader from a desktop connected to the internals of an old FW-HDD.
Writes Sci-fi:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~anthony/